Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

Cabela's screwed up again... (Or so it seems)

Yeah, that's a big mistake. It is usually the lowest of the low who argue to make them honor the incorrect price. We all know it was an honest mistake, but there will be guys who make a stink about it.

• Like 1

The best has to be the bargain cave at cabelas, rain jacket for 200 bucks is no bargain. They had a vortex scope for the same price as new one on sale in the same store. Haha just have to be on your toes and take these places for what they are.

EXACTLY! In the beginning you used to be able to make offers in bargain cave now it costs more than new and has NO STORE WARRANTY! If bought online bargain cave it has short WARRANTY but if bought in store bargain cave then ZERO store WARRANTY you must go thru manufacturer. This is fact. So beware when shopping closeout binoculars (euro and others) on eBay as most were purchased from bargain cave and have 3 x's scratches into them and No STORE WARRANTY since you are not buying directly from Cabelas online bargain cave.

This is wrong. I returned a pair of Cabelas brand Euro binos yesterday (1-30-2018) and was told to go to the bino counter and grab a new pair, in with the old and out with the new in under 10 minutes. I purchased them on eBay 2 months ago, not knowing they were from the bargain cave. When i found out i contacted the seller and and he asked me if i would like to send them back for a full refund or he would refund me back $200. I took the $200 and kept the binos. Last week i noticed that when i would take my outdoorsmans stud out the binos they seemed like they were loose almost like they wouldnt stay open. I took them to Cabelas yesterday to return them and the lady at customer service noticed the 3 xs scratched into the bottom and asked if they were from the bargain cave and i said yes. She said no problem, corporate has explained to us that ANY and ALL Cabelas merchandise is to be exchanged or refunded, full price with a receipt, lowest sale price on a gift card without a receipt.

The best has to be the bargain cave at cabelas, rain jacket for 200 bucks is no bargain. They had a vortex scope for the same price as new one on sale in the same store. Haha just have to be on your toes and take these places for what they are.

EXACTLY! In the beginning you used to be able to make offers in bargain cave now it costs more than new and has NO STORE WARRANTY! If bought online bargain cave it has short WARRANTY but if bought in store bargain cave then ZERO store WARRANTY you must go thru manufacturer. This is fact. So beware when shopping closeout binoculars (euro and others) on eBay as most were purchased from bargain cave and have 3 x's scratches into them and No STORE WARRANTY since you are not buying directly from Cabelas online bargain cave.
This is wrong. I returned a pair of Cabelas brand Euro binos yesterday (1-30-2018) and was told to go to the bino counter and grab a new pair, in with the old and out with the new in under 10 minutes. I purchased them on eBay 2 months ago, not knowing they were from the bargain cave. When i found out i contacted the seller and and he asked me if i would like to send them back for a full refund or he would refund me back $200. I took the $200 and kept the binos. Last week i noticed that when i would take my outdoorsmans stud out the binos they seemed like they were loose almost like they wouldnt stay open. I took them to Cabelas yesterday to return them and the lady at customer service noticed the 3 xs scratched into the bottom and asked if they were from the bargain cave and i said yes. She said no problem, corporate has explained to us that ANY and ALL Cabelas merchandise is to be exchanged or refunded, full price with a receipt, lowest sale price on a gift card without a receipt.

L.O.L. weren't you the same guy arguing saying that the warranty is not even transferable with a euro optic?

Fact is they have a policy for Bargain Cave item returns. I think you've proven that you can buy and sell and return things pretty well. But in this case the rule is with Cabelas if you buy it personally in bargain cave from a store location it has no Cabelas warranty and you must return it to manufacturer, in this case meopta. If you buy it online from Bargain Cave you have I believe it's a 90-day Cabelas warranty. So if you buy it second-hand from a Bargain Cave item that's off of eBay seller it's supposed to have no warranty except for going through meopta. You got very lucky! Sometimes a smile and a good story works wonders. Also sometimes guys startingbthreads like this that get seen by Cabelas employees and management also works wonders.

post-2359-0-64517300-1517441902_thumb.png

post-2359-0-20861100-1517441920_thumb.png

L.O.L. weren't you the same guy arguing saying that the warranty is not even transferable with a euro optic?

Fact is they have a policy for Bargain Cave item returns. I think you've proven that you can buy and sell and return things pretty well. But in this case the rule is with Cabelas if you buy it personally in bargain cave from a store location it has no Cabelas warranty and you must return it to manufacturer, in this case meopta. If you buy it online from Bargain Cave you have I believe it's a 90-day Cabelas warranty. So if you buy it second-hand from a Bargain Cave item that's off of eBay seller it's supposed to have no warranty except for going through meopta. You got very lucky! Sometimes a smile and a good story works wonders. Also sometimes guys startingbthreads like this that get seen by Cabelas employees and management also works wonders.

Nah, I dont think i ever said the warranty wasnt transferable.

Ill take the word of a Cabelas employee behind the customer service counter though.

Nah, I dont think i ever said the warranty wasnt transferable.

Ill take the word of a Cabelas employee behind the customer service counter though.

You are right it was nickstone on a thread about wanting meopta not Cabelas Euro. :) same time you had bought the 12x50

And I would love to take Cabelas verbal word but their policies seem to be BIPOLAR at times. L.O.L. glad it worked out for you. I also bought used pair that had issues and besides the gal at desk looking thru them (15x56) for 3 seconds in store at object 100 feet away and telling me they were fine after that it all worked out and I got new pair. Had to laugh at her 1st and explain how 2 days earlier I spent 6 hours in then at long range and they have issue then we were good.