Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

Cabela's screwed up again... (Or so it seems)

After buying a special deal bow on line on Jan 19th, I received an email stating that the item was then back ordered. However I just tracked it and it shows my order was cancelled and my bank statement shows a pending reversal of the charges. I still have not been notified by them about a cancellation. Guess we will wait and see but really is annoying to order an item, get the order confirmation, get charged and then have it all fall apart.. Rant complete..

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I ordered an Under Armour Ridge Reaper jacket from their website.

Then I go to the retail location in Glendale to look for some rain gear. Grabbed a Cabela's brand 4 Most Rain Suede jacket clearly marked to $69 from $139. Cashier had to call a manager over. Manager came over said he wouldn't honor it and then implied that I switched out the tags to a lower price. That place has gone downhill bad.

Seems like it's much easier to buy stuff from CWT than any retail shop now days. Better quality stuff here and I don't have to deal with idiots.

• Like 1

I have had some pretty lousy MANAGEMENT customer service at Cabelas lately. Definitely worth thinking about before purchasing from them.

• Like 1

I don't know about those items but I have noticed a big difference in better service since the bass pro venture was announced, they must have had a big meeting and some training.

On the other hand I'm tired of their bait and switch sales they send out. At least 3 times I have gone in to hit a sale and the item does not exist online or in store, that turns me off. I'm still a customer of cabelas and sportsmans but never bass pro just due to location.

• Like 1

I don't know about those items but I have noticed a big difference in better service since the bass pro venture was announced, they must have had a big meeting and some training.

On the other hand I'm tired of their bait and switch sales they send out. At least 3 times I have gone in to hit a sale and the item does not exist online or in store, that turns me off. I'm still a customer of cabelas and sportsmans but never bass pro just due to location.

They had special 5 hour sale with a Franchi shotgun on front page 12ga and 20ga. Limited edition gun, I called day before and they had 1 20gauge in stock. Wonder how many guys went to buy it??? And I asked out of curiousity if I could come put it on layaway at full price then buy at sale price the next day and they said SURE.

Month or so earlier I ordered a 6 tray jerky maker that was on sale and I bought all the accerories. Cabelas sent a email when irder had arrived. When I arrived they were missing 1 of my items and I could not even return it since it wasn't in store yet so I was locked into a return trip. While i was at Cabelas i saw the 10 tray jerky maker in a sale paper that started 2 days later for $10 more so I asked if I could just buy it now for the extra $10 they said absolutely not because they only had 89 in stock. L.O.L. a manager made a not so customer friendly decision, I understand sale had not started but they also just wasted a hour of my time and gas money. This decision management made seemed to be exactly opposite of gun counters offer a month later to go ahead and put the only 20gauge Franchi Select they had for 5 hour flash sale that started following day on layaway.

I did really want 1 of those shotguns :(

Had same problem with bass pro, also hate when I order a bunch of bass lures and then they send me a email saying half the items are no avalible, then way you still selling it. Big business

• Like 1

The best has to be the bargain cave at cabelas, rain jacket for 200 bucks is no bargain. They had a vortex scope for the same price as new one on sale in the same store. Haha just have to be on your toes and take these places for what they are.

• Like 2

The best has to be the bargain cave at cabelas, rain jacket for 200 bucks is no bargain. They had a vortex scope for the same price as new one on sale in the same store. Haha just have to be on your toes and take these places for what they are.

EXACTLY! In the beginning you used to be able to make offers in bargain cave now it costs more than new and has NO STORE WARRANTY! If bought online bargain cave it has short WARRANTY but if bought in store bargain cave then ZERO store WARRANTY you must go thru manufacturer. This is fact. So beware when shopping closeout binoculars (euro and others) on eBay as most were purchased from bargain cave and have 3 x's scratches into them and No STORE WARRANTY since you are not buying directly from Cabelas online bargain cave.

Neither store has been good to me. If you want something they certainly have it but you have to pay for the privilege of buying it at their store.

Once....just once I found some 5.11 pants in the bargain cave that happened to be my size and only $20.

Sportsman's has a crappy return policy so I do not buy from them either.

Most of my shopping is on line now. I do try and make it a point to shop and buy something from small businesses if I happen to be near one though. I know it is more expensive but I find it important to support them too.

• Like 1

Had same problem with bass pro, also hate when I order a bunch of bass lures and then they send me a email saying half the items are no avalible, then way you still selling it. Big business

Sorta same cuz few items were backordered. Funny I bought bunch of stuff online for Canada trip and had shipped to Wisconsin ahead of me and it came in like 6 different orders from different locations. They don't mind spending shipping $

Neither store has been good to me. If you want something they certainly have it but you have to pay for the privilege of buying it at their store.

Once....just once I found some 5.11 pants in the bargain cave that happened to be my size and only $20.

Sportsman's has a crappy return policy so I do not buy from them either.

Most of my shopping is on line now. I do try and make it a point to shop and buy something from small businesses if I happen to be near one though. I know it is more expensive but I find it important to support them too.

The days of CUSTOMER SERVICE are gone for the most part. I will say Phoenix Sportsmans was top notch while "Jenny" managed it (not sure about now haven't visted much lately) Jenny is now in Flagstaff and wife and I recently visited that store and it looks super nice and employees were all helpful as I would expect with leadership like hers.

If only The Hook Up Tackle opened up a shop geared towards Western hunting.....

Hook Up and Liar's Korner seem to be the only good tackle shops left in town. But if you need some good pike or walleye gear....Glendale Cabela's has a crap ton of it.

• Like 2

This was the deal.. Don't need it but for the 174.00 shipped to the house, figured why not? A spare bow for back up insurance, or fishing, or a gift.

post-13896-0-21378100-1516932509_thumb.png

• Like 1