Sign in to follow this  
Redbeard

So how much rutting are you seeing?

I hunted friday-monday in unit 33 and did not see a single big buck or any rutting activity. I glassed over 100 does and 20 bucks so I think that is a prety good sample. How about you guys?

The biggest buck I saw was 85" 3X3 that I could have killed with a bow. I have a rifle tag and am trying to hold out for something over 100".

I fought wind and cold Fri. and Sat. then Monday I broke my scope. :( Typical Dec. hunt for me. I had major issues just getting out of town too. I'll be out again after Xmas hoping for big time rutting.

I only spotted one buck over the opener & he was bedded way down in a rocky canyon showing no interest in anything other than snoring & munching on the bush he was under.

Matt S.

In 34A , nada! Saw 20 does yesterday and not a single buck pushing them. It seems cold enough to get things rolling but i'll give another week and be with the girls again!

I saw about a 75 inch buck chasing does all over the other day in 24A. Saw a spike with his nose to the ground trailing does and another buck that was moving around looking for the does.

Amanda

Good news to hear. Ny son and i are going on a Photo hunt in unit 31 over the christmas break. We are spending the break in thatcher with my wifes family. Yes I am leaving my bow at home. I bet i will be kicking myself after this.

I will be using my wife brand new Pentax k10d Digital camera so if i get some photos they should be very good photos. I am hopeing for a bear and maybey some lions to go with that big old Coues buck.

saw a whitey in 23 that had a doe with him. My brother ended up shooting a big muley that had 6 does with him and rutting hard.

Came home after hunting the 23rd. thru the 28th in 36b. Saw abt 100 does and abt 8 forkie and small 3 pts. Exactly 0 rutting activity. Hope to go back after Christmas. Mark

I just got back from a couple more days hunting in 33. Sat. I saw 74 does and 4 bucks. The biggest buck was a pretty 80" 2 pt. with no eyeguards. He was bedded by himself. Could have killed him with a bow but I'm still holding out for something bigger. I saw another 30 does and two bucks today. I saw one tiny buck each day chasing does so at least something is getting the urge.

I almost popped a lion Sat. evening. There was one doe totally locked on to a juniper stomping her foot for half an hour. Eventually I heard a bunch of snorting and there came a lion right through this group of does. They didn't run away and the lion walked right on by. I ran over to the edge of the hill I was on where I would have had about a 250 yard shot but I never saw him again. I think he was still in the area this morning because a bunch of deer busted out of a nearby drainage all looking over their shoulders. I also saw a B&C coatimundi. Looked like a 40 pounder!

Nothin....just six does on Saturday but there were BIG buck tracks in the area, So I'm hoping by thursday or Friday they might be a little more active. That monster full moon didn't help either.....

Chris,

Yesterday the 24th seen two 100-105" bucks chasing does. Before that, just small ones. Going back out in the moring to the end of the year, hopefully a bigger one(s) will show up. I'll eat my tag if I have to. Good Luck!

Jeff