Couestracker

San Carlos success

Nice bird! Im heading up in the morning. This will be my first Turkey hunt on San Carlos. I plan on moving around until I find birds. Congrats on such a nice Tom.

Thanks! PM sent

Who is going to San Carlos this spring 2019?  I have the 2nd hunt and looking forward to hearing reports from 1st hunt guys. I had to eat my tag last year due to injuring my back as I was loading up for this hunt.  I spent 3 days laying flat on my back.  I don't know what hurt more, not getting to hunt or my aching back. Good Luck

4 minutes ago, knothead said:

Who is going to San Carlos this spring 2019?  I have the 2nd hunt and looking forward to hearing reports from 1st hunt guys. I had to eat my tag last year due to injuring my back as I was loading up for this hunt.  I spent 3 days laying flat on my back.  I don't know what hurt more, not getting to hunt or my aching back. Good Luck

Oh man, that sucks! Be careful loading up this year.

I'm heading out next Friday, will be going after a bird I saw last year that had the biggest paint brush beard I've ever seen. Will post results, good or otherwise.

• Like 1

We were up there 4 weeks ago.. you will not believe the water.  Every tank is literally overflowing however it made many roads impassible. I'm assuming it's calming now.  Saw birds everywhere and more toms that typical. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdown said:

We were up there 4 weeks ago.. you will not believe the water.  Every tank is literally overflowing however it made many roads impassible. I'm assuming it's calming now.  Saw birds everywhere and more toms that typical. 

I hear people say that all the time about the SC.  My experiences have been much different. I have hunted it 6 times over last 10 years and I have yet to have a better hunt than what I have experienced many times on the rim hunts.  I mostly hunt it because it works out better for me and work and I also don't have real good luck drawing public land hunts. Out of 6 SC  hunts I have taken two birds.  Last time I hunted it I saw more bears than tom turkeys.  

I will admit I used to be a really bad turkey hunter and then I thought I was pretty good but now I think I am back at bad again.  Just when I think I have figured them out, I realize just how little I really know.  Good Luck

Will be up on the 2nd hunt. Forecast is looking like prime Turkey hunting season for AZ..... windy and chilly. 

On 3/21/2019 at 1:27 PM, knothead said:

I hear people say that all the time about the SC.  My experiences have been much different. I have hunted it 6 times over last 10 years and I have yet to have a better hunt than what I have experienced many times on the rim hunts.  I mostly hunt it because it works out better for me and work and I also don't have real good luck drawing public land hunts. Out of 6 SC  hunts I have taken two birds.  Last time I hunted it I saw more bears than tom turkeys.  

I will admit I used to be a really bad turkey hunter and then I thought I was pretty good but now I think I am back at bad again.  Just when I think I have figured them out, I realize just how little I really know.  Good Luck

Don't worry about it. Turkeys can and will make you feel stupid at times.. Woulda, coulda, shouda