GreyGhost85

New SFW Tag Grab Initiative

I'm coming late to this conversation and trying to play catch-up. I've got a couple questions....

1. Is everyone saying that Don Peay and SFW (Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife) is the same organization as AZSFWC (Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation)?

2. What exactly is everyone afraid of? If these are raffle tags then really it is just a chance to get a tag that I wasn't successful at in the draw.

I'll have more as I wade through all the comments and listen to both podcasts.

I've said it a hundred times if its raffle tags only I'm for it 100%. As long as there is a cap on number of tickets per raffle per person. I truly believe they can raise the funds needed with raffles only. What people are scared of is that this is gonna turn into auctioning tags as soon as the group thinks they need more money. Once auction tags enter the picture that's when this group is gonna lose the support from the people. If they can promise raffle tags only have at it. I don't even mind if they take those from the already allotted tags. (VERY LOW PERCENTAGE OF TAGS) No different than trying to be drawn for the tag in the regular azgfd draw except that money can be used to fight HSUS. I'll support that all day long but there cant be any of this open ended stuff that let's there be a chance auction tags will come up in the future.

Just a thought...

If you guys want to take something from Utah, do something similarl to their dedicated hunter program.

Have a system where you can donate to time or equivalent amount of money to a game and fish approved wildlife organizations and you can earn a bonus point, or maybe you become eligible to apply for specific tags through game and fish.

• Like 2

What no-one has been able to explain is why is this organization special enough to get state resources allocated to them for funding, is this ethical, and what kind of precedent will it set?

Will organizations be able to get a cut of public land sales to fund political action?

I don't even understand how this can be legal. If AZGF can't be politically active because they are funded through the sale of state resources then how can these same resources be used to fund any private organization?

If this is allowed then I worry about what else will be sold to benefit groups that we don't agree with.

PREACH!

giphy.gif

Rescue or Don if that is you. Show us Pete C's bank records and where he has been paid from since the last tag grab effort. They have enough members here to pay the staff? I doubt that. Don's name was mentioned in one of Jay's podcasts so he is in there somewhere. Yes I say AZSFW is exactly the same as SFW. Don tried to claim the way they were set up was different but that was bs last time. I guess we would know the details if SFW ever opened their books. People in Utah have been asking for that for the last ten years. Such a transparent bunch.

Other well established organizations should take this opportunity to hold meetings to flesh out this subject, especially in Tucson. We dont need new orgs. But, old well established organizations could increase their membership. Hint, Hint