Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

What To Build

Just build a 6.5 Swedish AI...you know you want to...

Just build a 6.5 Swedish AI...you know you want to...

Whats the COAL with a 140 vld?

Most 6.5x55 sweds are built on a long action for the same reasons a 6.5x284 is built on a long action.

For a cool wildcat a 260 teminator, if I wanted a factory round, 260, 6.5 creedmoor, and a Magnum the 6.5 PRC

6.5 PRC. You can load it up or mild.

My vote i still for the 260, 260 AI, or the SLR.

I know you have moved past the 6.5x284 but just to support what was said it is a LA cartridge. I have 2 of them and the SA on my daughters rifle which has been fluted and lightened everywhere possible is effectively a single shot. I looked at the extended mags but decided to just leave it as is sine she now wants to shoot the 7mm when asked.

My philosophy now is too keep things simple. I no longer have the 7mm Dakota, 6x284, or any other of the wildcat super hot cartridges that I can't readily find brass.

• Like 1

The damnn terminator gets me every time. Not only is it a cool round, the name alone will drop panties!!!

• Like 1

One of these days my nightforce will sell, then Ill replace it with a kahles 525i I believe. Which will be about 35oz.

Depending on lance review of the March, that migh b a good direction as well being under 25oz.

If you guys ever have a chance to meet with lance at the range, I suggest you stay home. At the very least take your contacts out!!!

I TOLD you not to look through the Premier and Schmidt & Bender....and Kahles. But noooo.....you just had to take a peak.....

You can't unsee those kinds of things.

About 15 years ago I went looking for a nice scope when I got back into rifle hunting. I looked at a number of scopes that were around $2000 and up. I got down to a NSX or a S&B. My eyes told me I wanted the Schmidt, my wallet told me I was getting the NSX. All these year later I have not "Unseen" looking through the S&B. Maybe one of the these years the wallet will get with the program.

• Like 1

One thing I was looking at last night.

The 260 terminator, 35° improved with a stepped throat, shows a max charge of 53gn rl26 using a drop tube and seated at 2.97.

6.5sst has a 30° shoulder and a max load of 54-55gn of rl26 seated at 2.800.

6.5sst has the option of h1000, which is supposed to be a cooler burning powder but Im not sure how well that slow powder will work in a 22 barrel.

6.5sst also has a neat option to be a reduced load with h4895, which would essentially take it down to creedmoor speeds with super low pressure.

6.5 sst also as the option of being throated to seat bullets out longer. Its 2.8 coal is setup for prs guys.

Lapua brass is a real winner but my current lot of ADG brass for my creedmoor is super consistent and seems to hold up well after only 5 firings. Sst will have ADG brass available this summer.

I loaded 7 mm - 08 and .243 with reduced loads of h4895 for my hunting Partners son and daughter when they were younger. Worked out real good. The powder generally stays stable down to about 60% of the maximum charge.

• Like 1