Sign in to follow this  
izgarzas14

24B?

I'm new to the forum and I'm not looking for honey holes in unit 24B Javelina but does anybody know where I would begin to look for them?

Thanks

IG :unsure:

try www.E-SCOUTER.com....i heard they have lots of usefull information on that website ;)

I don't know that area but usually if I need a starting point on a new area I go on the azgfd.com and look on "where to hunt" and begin there. They usually have some good info

Welcome to the site.

I have never hunted 24B but have seen numerous pigs along the highway coming out of Roosevelt near Windy Hill. I would imagine that any of the sand washes and draws south of the Lake would be good areas to start.

You should not have any problems finding pig in 24b. I say just get off the road and up on a hill top and glass for them and you should have a pig that morning. There is a good population of pigs through out that unit.

I was out deer hunting yesterday in a spot that usually has a ton of pigs,and saw none, or no sign. I wonder if all the rain has them sitting tight to core areas? Also a ton of forbs and grasses growing everywhere. Sure is a neat time to be in the desert. Crossing Queen creek with 20" of water and 14" boots wasn't much fun. I'll remember to bring some sneakers with me next time.

Thanks for the help, I do have a buddy who lives in the gold canyon area and can hunt out of the backyard if i wanted. I just felt guilty about doing that, it didnt really feel like I was hunting. I'm just going to head out and walk to a hill and glass glass and stalk for the shot.

:lol:

Just remember that the new boundaries for unit 24b have changed. The GoldCanyon area is no longer in unit 24b. It is now one of the M units. You can check this in the regs.

Just remember that the new boundaries for unit 24b have changed. The GoldCanyon area is no longer in unit 24b. It is now one of the M units. You can check this in the regs.

47M runs this area:easterly along the Salt River to the Tonto National Forest boundary; northeasterly to the Tonto National Forest boundary; southeasterly along the Forest boundary to Forest Rd. 77 (Peralta Rd.); southwesterly on Forest Road 77 (Peralta Rd.) to U.S. Hwy 60; northwesterly on U.S. Hwy 60 to the Meridian Extension (Maricopa-Pinal County Line);

There are some concentrations up in the Supers a bit higher:Reavis Trailhead Road (FS 212), Davis Wash, and Two Bar Road (FS 49). I''ve been seen more pigs in the 4000' ft range than down in the flats...

Good Luck and post some pics of your hunt:

AzP&Y