Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Help me decide on a new lightweight stock for my 700

I am looking at the B&C Alaskan Ti at about 28-30 oz or the AG Composites CAT 700 at 26 oz. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

TIA, Happy Memorial Day.

I have a McMillan Edge Game Scout that I'm a big fan of. In a smaller profile you can get to the 28-30oz range I'm sure, especially depending on what recoil pad you go with. I had a take off BC that came off a 700 Mountain SS- the barrel channel was extremely narrow and would probably have to be opened up for even a normal sporter contour. With the McM Edge you can get them inlet for up to a Proof.

• Like 2

I have the Bell and Carlson Alaskan Ti stock on a Rem 700 LA, weighs 2lbs 1.4 oz, haven't shot it in this configuration, but had another barreled action in it and it shot quite well. You can take a look at the stock in the classifieds under safe sitters.

• Like 1

I know you didn't mention it, but Manner EH series are fantastic and light. My EH1 & EH2 both weigh 26oz on the dot. Stiff, light, and look amazing.

I also have a Edge Game Scout that weighs 29oz. Great fit, great quality.

But both are more scratch than B&C.

• Like 2

I know you didn't mention it, but Manner EH series are fantastic and light. My EH1 & EH2 both weigh 26oz on the dot. Stiff, light, and look amazing.

I hadn't looked at Manners but after looking at them I am leaning to the EH-3. Thanks Lance

I hadn't looked at Manners but after looking at them I am leaning to the EH-3. Thanks Lance

Of course they are all on back order. LOL

Order a flat top through them inletted how you want. There is also a sale going on right now for 15% off

http://mannersstocks.com/flat-top-store/mcs-eh3-2936.html

I would give my vote to Manners as well with McMillan right behind them because they are local. Both look great with the CF showing through.

Order a flat top through them inletted how you want. There is also a sale going on right now for 15% off

http://mannersstocks.com/flat-top-store/mcs-eh3-2936.html

I built one and added it to the cart but it didn't apply the %15 discount, where did you see that?

Order a flat top through them inletted how you want. There is also a sale going on right now for 15% offhttp://mannersstocks.com/flat-top-store/mcs-eh3-2936.html

I built one and added it to the cart but it didn't apply the %15 discount, where did you see that?

post-13407-0-21506100-1527552571_thumb.png

Manners EH2 (similar to EH3, just a bit more drop at the comb) in GAP camo.

20170612_165632_zpsan0xg74e.jpg

EH1 in Black Forest camo

20170612_164527_zpsftnw0nom.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for all the help, looks like I'm in for the EH-3. Lance did you have to do any prep work or are they drop in and ready to go?

Thanks for all the help, looks like I'm in for the EH-3. Lance did you have to do any prep work or are they drop in and ready to go?

Dropped right in, but I did go ahead and bed it anyway.

• Like 1