Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

E. Valley electrician help needed for Hunts for Heroes utility trailer

We just had a bull bison/buffalo tag donated to Hunts for Heroes --- very cool! I'll be accompanying a very worthy VietNam-era vet up to N. Kaibab next week (leaving Wednesday morning). Hopefully, things will come together and he'll have to buy a chest freezer!

Here's the rub --- I'll need to take 4-6 150-qt coolers up with us and the wiring of the 4x8 utility trailer I use is in need of replacing! Last trip the wiring was working going up, but not working correctly coming home.

Who in the E. Valley has the skills to run NEW wiring for the trailer? I'll pay for whatever wiring kit, etc. is needed --- hoping to find someone willing to donate their time/labor to get the job done. I can drop off the trailer off as soon as tonight (or whenever).

Solid frame on the trailer (and trailer is in good shape), so should be a straight forward job. Wiring has been on trailer for a couple decades, so a complete overhaul would ease my mind for the next 2-track we go down (rather than just tracing down an electrical short). I'll let you make the call ... ???

If you can help out, contact me asap: (480)760-3868

Thanks a bunch!

--- Tom

Im in ND so Im no help, but a utility trailer wiring kit is about $20. Just cut the old wire up by the plug and use the old wire to pull the new wire through the frame. Hook the two lights up and plug it in and youre golden.

• Like 5

Tom,

I should be able to do it on Saturday and I can come to you as I'm in Mesa. I've done a few over the years.Flat plug or round plug?

• Like 8

Predator:

Thanks --- that would be awesome! Flat plug. I can bring it to you. Give me a call tonight: (480)760-3868

Predator:

Thanks --- that would be awesome! Flat plug. I can bring it to you. Give me a call tonight: (480)760-3868

I'll get a hold of you today. My problem is I don't have a place to put it, live in an apartment.

• Like 1

Andrew, thx for asking. AES has a bunch of 150-qt Igloos (taking about 5), got a 10x14 Kodiak tent w/ cots, etc. Just need to find a bull who wants to go home with us! Plan on double checking rifles early Monday morning (taking H4H's .338 WinMag Ruger #1 and vet's 30/06 Ruger American) ...

• Like 1

Wanted to give a shout out to Predator! Chris, you came through and did a great job rewiring the trailer --- will be able to take that sucker anywhere now with confidence!

(thx also to Edge for your offer - just a little too far away)

• Like 5

Wanted to give a shout out to Predator! Chris, you came through and did a great job rewiring the trailer --- will be able to take that sucker anywhere now with confidence!

(thx also to Edge for your offer - just a little too far away)

Love it !!!, nice job guys