Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Went to buy an ATV at a dealer

I HIGHLY recommend you call 4 season motorsports in Payson. They are usually a lot cheaper than in town dealers!

I will second that.

I HIGHLY recommend buying used. I've bought from the dealer before and will never make that mistake again. There are so many "Like New" used ATV/UTVs coming on the market all the time. If you keep your eye on places like Craigslist, you can find steals, avoid dealer fees, taxes, etc. I bought my current UTV (Ranger Crew) in early 2014. It was bought new in late 2013 in Utah. The owner ran into some financial issues and had to give it to a guy here in AZ he owed some money too to clear the debt or face serious consequences. The AZ guy listed it for what the guy owed him. I payed $11,000 for a 4 month old Ranger crew with around 50 miles on it, in like new condition. I found the original receipt in the owners manual. With all the extras the guy put on at the dealer, it totaled just under $21,500. The point I am trying to get at is if you are willing to be patient and look for deals, huge ones are to be had on used ATVs and UTVs. Just be quick and decisive when you find a deal. The guy I bought it from only had it listed for about 5 minutes when I called and claims to have had multiple other calls within the 30 minutes it took me to drive over to see and buy it.

• Like 3

Buying used atvs can be like buying used underwear. Sure, there is a chance he only wore them once, but then again he could of sh!t himself that one time he wore them.

Please bring someone that knows something about them with you that knows what they are looking for if you are buying used.

• Like 3

Buying used atvs can be like buying used underwear. Sure, there is a chance he only wore them once, but then again he could of sh!t himself that one time he wore them.

Please bring someone that knows something about them with you that knows what they are looking for if you are buying used.

Solid advice. That I will do.

I do think buying used is great and can save a lot of money, but we have all seen how guys can be pretty rough on their equipment.

Ride Now is the absolute worst in just about every way possible. I will say the showrooms are well stocked and fun to walk around, but Id walk every mile of a hunt before Id buy from them. The worst prices around and they use every tactic in the book - high pressure, hidden fees, expensive financing - to gouge you for every penny possible.

I like buying used because it is such a huge money saver and many of these machines are pretty bullet proof with just basic maintenance, but if new is your thing then really any other dealer in town is a better option than Ride Now.

• Like 4