elkhunter

Someone has a story

I know a Guy went down to Sonora, glassed up this 105 on a hillside with no other deer around. This friend and his guide both agree 105 or so. They put on a stalk and put him down. Turns out he was one of those tiny bodied bucks too. His actual number was 88 and change. Hey, it happens. I thought this buck was 109 but nobody can complain about a 100" archery buck. I think he's an outstanding trophy. EBB

HOLY COW Josh!!! That is an awesome buck! That first picture you posted is gorgeous and made me think that buck was at least 115"! I'm jealous as heck dude, that is a dream of mine that hopefully comes true one day.......100" Coues, spot n stalk with a bow, has got to be one of the greatest trophies! Huge congrats to you! JIM>

here's his stats....

Right antler mb 13 6/8, G1 1 2/8, G2 8 5/8, G3 6 3/8, H1 3 3/8, H2 3 2/8, H3 3 3/8, H4 2 6/8 = 42 6/8"

Left antler mb 15 0/8, G1 1 5/8, G2 9 0/8, G3 7 4/8, H1 3 2/8, H2 3 5/8, H3 3 2/8, H4 2 6/8 = 46 0/8"

Inside spread = 12 7/8"

Gross total of 100 7/8" and nets 98 3/8"

Josh, it's an absolutely beautiful buck regardless of the score and the story of Andy and you staking out the perfect ambush is priceless!! Congratulations to both of you and I would love to see the video.

Josh, you're a freaking stud. You've had one heck of a year. Congrats on an awesome deer regardless of what a 1/4" tape says he is (I guessed him 109 or so for what it's worth :P ) A buddy of mine killed a gorgeous 3 point on this last hunt that we all guessed 117" or so - after we killed him. He only ended up taping 110 and 5. Sometimes scoring a deer is just a dis-service. It's a flawed system I tell ya. ;)

Congratulations on an awsome trophy of a lifetime, taken on a perfectly executed stalk. I have been chasing these guys around for a while and know what it must have taken to execute that stalk and remain composed enough to get it done.

Packer

I am calling BS..... ;) :P

Guess your not gunna have him officially scored and entered in P&Y, eh?? :rolleyes: Seems like your down playing him to me, Bro! ;) Your gunna have to let me hold 'em before I can believe that buck isn't bigger!

Congrats, again on a Great Buck!

Gino, Gary Iles has him in Payson right now. He's cleaning the skull for me as well as my archery elk skull and my Dec 06 archery buck as well. Can't wait to get them all back! As far as P&Y go, I wouldn't mind entering it but I got such a RIDICULOUS run-around and out-right blatant lies from Glen Hisey at P&Y a few years ago that I told him he could shove his club and return my dues to me. My membership was cancelled but they never sent back any of my dues. I hate liars and I called him out on them and he still wouldn't man-up to them. Spineless trash I say.......

Thanks Scott, Packer and Keven! But I will say the tape isn't flawed it's the guesstimator and his level of excitedness. Or in my case just a tiny dwarf-like buck. I'm using that as my excuse anyway! Keven how'd Mexico go? You gonna post any pics and a story in the Mexico section?

Congratulations Josh on an awesome buck!! Sharing a good hunt with a good friend is what it is all about.

A similar thing happened to my brother and I a few years back. We were scouting and found what looked to be a huge 115-120" buck. Later that year my dad was lucky enough to shoot this buck and he turned out to have a little tiny body and head and he ended up scoring 105". It was still a great hunt and an awesome deer. It really drives home the point that field judging is just guessing and one can be way off in their guess.