elkhunter

Someone has a story

OK, before I release the score of this deer I want you all to know that I'm not full of it. I've told a handful of people in the past couple of days and most of them call an immediate B.S. on me and still think I'm pulling a fast one on them. My buck gross scores 100 7/8". How's that for flippin crazy!?!?! On Friday night, when Andy showed me video of the buck, when i did the math I just couldn't get more than 103-105" and thought for some reason I was just completely missing something. Then Saturday when I saw the deer alive I about soiled my camos. I thought for sure I was looking at a 120" 3pt buck!! Maybe the excitement of it all had something to do with it, I don't know. This buck could've barely weighed more than 85 pounds if it was lucky. Probably less. When moving it I had ahold of an antler and Andy had one leg and we nearly laughed as it was pretty much effortless to carry him. In fact when we quartered him Andy commented that the he'd seen javalina quarters that were nearly as big... LOL!! But like I said before, I in no way regret shooting this buck. The experience of stalking a big buck like this and actually making it happen, with Andy, was just an unbelieveable experience! Thanks for reading............

:blink: :blink: :blink: I find that score hard to believe but I know you know what's up. I still want to see it in person. I totally underestimated my buck and you were the opposite. I guess we need to hunt together and come up with an average. :lol: I hate guessing from pictures and your pictures sure looked good but I would have been way fooled too with those long G2s. It doesn't matter though that is still one sweet buck. 100" ain't nothing to sneeze at. The score doesn't have jack to do with the coolness of the hunt either. Congrats on ANOTHER great buck. :D

Still waiting for Andy to whack one. He is usually done for the year by now.

Holy cow Josh, are you serious? Did you make sure to add both sides? Did you forget mass? Spread? The G2'S? Anything?! holy cow!

Either way awesome job!

Some how, you always seem to shoot like i do with my rifle, when your shooting lol! Guess we got somethin in common!

Josh,

Regardless of score that is one heck of a buck. A 100" buck is a tremendous feat, especially spot and stalk with a bow. Great job and congratulations again.

Charlie

Only 100"? Waaaa!! <_<

While you sit in your warm cozy living room, pulling the tape slowly, lovingly, over your bucks antlers, I am out there grinding myself into the mountainside, freezing my snotty nose off in the cold wind, trying to find any antlered deer worth catching my arrows! I feel no pity for you Sir!

Only 100"? Waaaa!! <_<

While you sit in your warm cozy living room, pulling the tape slowly, lovingly, over your bucks antlers, I am out there grinding myself into the mountainside, freezing my snotty nose off in the cold wind, trying to find any antlered deer worth catching my arrows! I feel no pity for you Sir!

Thats what I will be doing tomorrow, but it will be one of them stink pigs!

Only 100"? Waaaa!! <_<

Boy it's nice in here by the fire too........ And boy these antlers do feel nice. If you could shoot worth a crap you'd be sitting here next to me and could fondle our antlers together ;) :huh:

Feel not sorry for me, for I will be watching my trail cameras for yet another glorious buck to walk in front of it. This will probably give me an excuse to explore some new areas. Hmmm.... Things to ponder as I stroke my antlers for another 11 1/2 months.

Did I mention I just killed a buck with my bow on Sunday? I think I'll sleep in tomorrow and when I wake up in my warm bed around 8AM and as I do I'll think of Tyson freezing his taught nipples off and the white flags he'll be seeing fleeing the hills in the opposite direction with yet another blown stalk. Sleep tight....... :lol:

Only 100"? Waaaa!! <_<

Boy it's nice in here by the fire too........ And boy these antlers do feel nice. If you could shoot worth a crap you'd be sitting here next to me and could fondle our antlers together ;) :huh:

Feel not sorry for me, for I will be watching my trail cameras for yet another glorious buck to walk in front of it. This will probably give me an excuse to explore some new areas. Hmmm.... Things to ponder as I stroke my antlers for another 11 1/2 months.

Did I mention I just killed a buck with my bow on Sunday? I think I'll sleep in tomorrow and when I wake up in my warm bed around 8AM and as I do I'll think of Tyson freezing his taught nipples off and the white flags he'll be seeing fleeing the hills in the opposite direction with yet another blown stalk. Sleep tight....... :lol:

Hey Josh if you want those stands of yours to stay warm for ya give me a call! :D

Once again congrats on an outstanding buck!!! Also for the 11 1/2 month break :D

Really awesome buck there Josh and Andy. I think everyone of us would love to have him, great tine length and a great hunt so score is not that important.

Congrats on an awsome buck Josh He looks bigger than 100" to me? Didnt you say you guys got it on video thats great!!!!

A succesfull hunt with good friends is what its all about .

If iam not mistaking everytime ive hunted with Chris weve been succesfull.

Call next time you come to town and bring your buck so I can check it out.

If any of you think I'm bummed about the score of my deer I'm totally not. I only had a little "guess the score" cause I wanted to make sure that I'm not the only one that this buck fooled.

Ya Andy did get most all of it on film. He told me he got it all done yesterday and that I'll have it on Tuesday. I CAN'T WAIT!!