Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Gutsy...Can you find it.

Sitting here at the rifle range and this is tempting fate...it still breathing.

post-592-0-64354900-1532276636_thumb.jpg

One year before deer season my Dad and I went to the range to site in the rifles and as we were getting the guns out of the truck a coyote made the fatal mistake of coming out of the brush and setting right in front of the 100yd berm. The Old man took out the 7mm and put him to bed with some hot lead, one of those great times Ill never forget!!

2-3 years ago I was at this same range right after a big monsoon rolled through. Everyone except me left and I was on the gun about to fire and 1 jogged across the range at about 90yds. I let him live too, but dang man. I was on the gun looking through the scope at him thinking.

Today I am now the last guy on this range and have been sitting letting the rifles cool between shot strings and here comes this one. He was about 45 yards to the right in the brush, but I could have dumped him easy. The 300 win mag was on the bench ready to go.

• Like 1

Is that a coyote?

Yep.

2 minutes ago I just spotted some big lizard in the same area. He had to be at least 18-24" long. I watched him though the 15x binos for a couple min before he went back to the bushes.

• Like 1

This little guy is guarding my gun cases...

post-592-0-51477600-1532279073_thumb.jpg

About 15 yrs ago my bro in law and friend were sighting in their slug guns the day before season, were shooting at 100 yds at a target attached to a 4x8 sheet of plywood when a small buck walked directly in front of the target nonchalantly, we all had a good laugh out of that one.

If it was one day later someone surely wouldve shot him.

• Like 1

Is that a coyote?

Yep.

2 minutes ago I just spotted some big lizard in the same area. He had to be at least 18-24" long. I watched him though the 15x binos for a couple min before he went back to the bushes.

Chuckwalla most likely

Neat, probably the same one that trotted about 25 yards in front of the 500 yard firing point after we finished shooting a few Fridays back.

Have seen a big desert iguana near the 200 yard line as well.

Have you been able to get the 127 LRXs to shoot?

Have you been able to get the 127 LRXs to shoot?

They did ok today. I am trying 2 different powders. I am going to take the best groups from today's results and try and dial a load in. I had a couple areas where groups were slightly better then MOA so I am hoping I can work it a little tighter.I was hoping this rifle would be a .5 MOA gun but that is probably a little optimistic. If I can get a load that is .75 moa consistently I will be happy.

I cleaned all the rifles and used a copper solvent to remove copper fouling. I am hoping that might also helps a little.