Sign in to follow this  
bcoover

Who can score

I would guess that buck at 16 inch spread (inside) and would net it out at about 95 or so. I could be way off on this though. I haven't had nearly as much experience at scoring WT as I have elk. It could score a ton more but I would be really surprised if it scored less than 95. I'm sure someone with more experience than me can come much closer.

Later,

recurveman

About a 17.5 inch (inside spread). Just by the way it looks I would score it 108 because the points arn't that long. Can't tell if it's a three or four point.

Bcoover,

are you referring to the mounted 3Pt. with the short right side G-2?????? If so, it appears to be not as wide as you think. I venture a guess of 15 to 15.5 on the outside and no more than 95 gross (I'm with recurveman).

Couesi1

Bcoover,

You think that buck has a 19" spread?!

I say it's got a 12" spread. That would mean the wide racked buck you are seeing in unit 23 has about a 14" spread - not 20-25".

Wow, I'm glad I cleared that up!

Mike

Some guy at Sports Authority was telling me his brother shot a coues buck in unit 32 that had a 30 inch spread. I told him that if it had that spread it was a mule deer not a whitetail. He told me he knew the difference between the two and it was definately a coues. He also told me mountain lions were getting into there coolers at night on his hunt.

Bcoover, you sure this 20-25" inch wide buck isn't a carp? That is pretty unbelievable.

The widest buck i have ever seen was 21" on the ouside. It came from the Apaches in 24A, however the rest of the rack was weak.....It put all of it's growth into the main beams and left nothing for points. It was a freak. I did see another 25" coues, er, mule deer one time.........the guy who shot the animal thought it was a world record coues with a 25" rack on the outside, however it turned out to be a mule deer. I guess the guy got a coupon from the game and fish warden dude, lost his deer and was done hunting for the year. My point......Seein' is believin' as far as a 25" outside spread coues buck.

Couesi1

16-16.5 inside spread. Good mass (14" a side), and 18-19" mainbeams. The G1's are small, G2 on the right looks nice from what I can tell, G3's around 4''. 108-112 is my guess.