COOSEFAN

2008 Mexico Coues and Muley pic's....

Hey guys, I'm home for a couple days and head back down on Thursday. The last couple of weeks have been crazy and I lost track of time and dates right from the start.......I even forgot my birthday! I first headed to the Muley hunt and to say it was incredible would be an understatement! I saw some of the biggest Muley's of my life, I videotaped one that will blow any hardcore Muley hunter away and also videotaped my hunter missing another one that was almost as big! I saw and filmed quite a few bucks that were around the 30" class and many more that I would shoot in a heartbeat here in AZ! We killed 5 Muleys before I had to head out to the Coues hunts and they finished out with a couple more after I left. The ranches are huge and loaded with big bucks! The best part was that I aquired another Coues ranch while on the Muley hunt and with an hour ride on the Rhino from the Muley ranch, we were in Coues country! We had several hunters who filled their Muley tag and bought Coues tags so we jumped in the Rhino and Ranger and headed out to hunt Coues for a day. Within the first hour of light we had a gorgeous 105" buck down and later missed a huge buck that made our 105" look small! We topped that day off with two Javi's and saw a total of 14 bucks with 4 of those being at least 100" and quite a few in the 85-95" class! I'm excited about hunting that ranch next year to say the least! We did a little varmint calling one day and called in dogs almost everytime. My hunter was gracious enough to hand me his rifle on one and I dumped em' with one shot at 150 yards! I then headed out and picked up Pops and the rest of the crew to go hunt a ranch way south near Obregon. We've been there before and knew it would be tough hunting but they have some huge sheds from the ranch so we knew the genetics were there. The ranch is very thick, but there are great vantage points and with clear cutting shooting lanes and glassing points we dertermined that it can be hunted fairly easily. Casey was with us and his job was to scout other areas while we helped my dad and good friend, Gary, fill their tags. Pops missed a tough shot on day two at a super heavy 100" class buck and Gary passed on a buck that later he realized he shouldn't have 'cause it probably was in that 100" class as well! The second to last day Casey got to take out his rifle and I headed out with him and that's when his "combo" opportunity presented itself and for him it was too good to pass up! I had seen a huge buck with Pops during the hunt and we took Gary there on the last day and couldn't find em' again, but a gorgeous 90" buck made a mistake and stepped out at 200 yards. We hunted ducks and doves for a day and had a blast, and even though we didn't have a dog to retrieve the ducks, Casey did a great job as the retriever! I don't have all the pic's yet, there were a couple bigger Muley's killed, the biggest was 205" I believe so far. As soon as I get back with all the pic's in a couple of weeks Amanda will help me get the link to our new website up with all the contact info and pic's. Instead of more typing, I'll just slap on here some of the better pic's I've got.........Thanks, JIM>

Alamoduck3.jpg

Alamoscenery.jpg

Alamoscenery1.jpg

GavilanScenery1.jpg

GavilanYote.jpg

GavilanMuleyTroy7.jpg

GavilanMuleyTroyJim.jpg

GavilanMuleys.jpg

GavilanKip.jpg

GavilanEric9.jpg

GavilanEric12.jpg

Gavilanracks.jpg

GavilanCouesJM.jpg

GavilanCoues1.jpg

Gavilanpigs1.jpg

Casey7.jpg

AlamoGary.jpg

AlamoGary10.jpg

By the way, Gary's buck had 18 1/2 inch ears! crazy!

I was just thinking how big those ears looked on your coues Casey, or is it just me?

That bobcat has a realy gray coat to. The one I shot this time of year here in AZ was a lot more brown... of course it was a young cat.

Great job to you all and it looks like you had boat loads of fun!

I am amazed at the size of those deer. Thanks Jim for sharing and congratulation on a fine start with the south of the border hunting business.

TJ

By the way, Gary's buck had 18 1/2 inch ears! crazy!

I was just thinking how big those ears looked on your coues Casey, or is it just me?

That bobcat has a realy gray coat to. The one I shot this time of year here in AZ was a lot more brown... of course it was a young cat.

Great job to you all and it looks like you had boat loads of fun!

Ya know, we didnt even measure the ears of my buck! We actually thought that he was older than the 90" buck, so i would assume they would be about the same size!

All of us at camp loved the color of that cat! Jim immediatly stated how gray it was compared to a Az cat. Shame to have to leave it in Mexico! I was pretty bummed about that!

Great pics and story Jim. Thanks for sharing them with us and good luck on your upcoming hunts back down south.

Phil