firstcoueswas80

Anyone else have this happen?!

Yep! one pig hunt, 162 deer in 1 day with one monster (carp) - one deer hunt, 24 pigs in one little bowl about 5 acres in size. :D :D

Mike, I only carry 3 arrows in my quiver... I may be a little screwed!

You only carry 3 arrows?!?!?! You carry more than 10 bullets don't ya? I carry at the least 5 and if my quiver held more I'd pack that sucker full. What would happen if you stuck a deer in a fairly bad place and he bedded down? Then you stalk up on him and fire the last 2 arrows into the rocks and it looks as if he's gonna live for another 12+ hours. Then what? You'd sure as crap be wishin you had more arrows right? I've never taken a hunter out that didn't have at least 5 or 6 and NEVER will I EVER take a muzzleloader hunter into the woods if he doesn't have at least 6-8 shots on him or a rifle hunter with an ENTIRE box of shells. I've seen that scenario happen one more time than I'd like to have seen in my several years as a guide. That stuff gets U.G.L.Y and an animal doesn't deserve to just lay there and die a nasty death. I'm not harping on you Casey, I just hate to see yourself get in a situation that an ethical hunter, like yourself, doesn't want to be in.

Mike, I only carry 3 arrows in my quiver... I may be a little screwed!

You only carry 3 arrows?!?!?! You carry more than 10 bullets don't ya? I carry at the least 5 and if my quiver held more I'd pack that sucker full. What would happen if you stuck a deer in a fairly bad place and he bedded down? Then you stalk up on him and fire the last 2 arrows into the rocks and it looks as if he's gonna live for another 12+ hours. Then what? You'd sure as crap be wishin you had more arrows right? I've never taken a hunter out that didn't have at least 5 or 6 and NEVER will I EVER take a muzzleloader hunter into the woods if he doesn't have at least 6-8 shots on him or a rifle hunter with an ENTIRE box of shells. I've seen that scenario happen one more time than I'd like to have seen in my several years as a guide. That stuff gets U.G.L.Y and an animal doesn't deserve to just lay there and die a nasty death. I'm not harping on you Casey, I just hate to see yourself get in a situation that an ethical hunter, like yourself, doesn't want to be in.

Josh, buy me another dozen arrows, the wraps, vanes and broad heads as well as another quiver, and i will pack them...

Bow only holds 3... XD-40 holds 12, I carry two of those magazines :D :ph34r:

So, when I go pig hunting, I glass deer all day! Yesterday I glassed about 30 deer, 8 bucks one above 80, one above 90 and then the biggest buck I have ever glassed up that was 110+ plus! Of course, I didnt see a single pig!

In October, I glassed up pigs. On my December hunt, I saw pigs almost every day, and big herds with big pigs!

Does this happen to anyone else?

I think it would be a shorter list if we asked who this didn't happen to. It's exactly why I put in for the HAM hunt this year, I knew if I ran into a herd of pigs during the archery deer hunt, I'd take one out & lose a day of deer hunting.

Matt S.

Josh, buy me another dozen arrows, the wraps, vanes and broad heads as well as another quiver, and i will pack them...

Bow only holds 3... XD-40 holds 12, I carry two of those magazines :D :ph34r:

heck, you just went on a trip to Mexico and that couldn't have been 100% free......

I just went out this afternoon to try to find the monster mulie I've seen but instead I saw 4 whitetails, one nice buck, probable in the 90's range, WAY WAY WAY down in the flats. I couldn't believe my eyes how far they were in the flats. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see them for myself. But hey... I'm not complaining at least I saw a buck. :P

heck, you just went on a trip to Mexico and that couldn't have been 100% free......

Thats the point... aint got any more money!

That's why they call it HUNTING and not shooting! LOL

It happens to all of us...see pigs during deer season and vise versa...but we still go out every time we can...lol...gotta love hunting.

Scott G.

Took my son on a cow elk hunt in unit 9. Had 1.5 days to hunt because of other committments. In the 1.5 days we glassed up 20+ pigs, a dozen or so antelope, a few deer, 17 bulls......and ONE cow. :angry:

Took my son on a cow elk hunt in unit 9. Had 1.5 days to hunt because of other committments. In the 1.5 days we glassed up 20+ pigs, a dozen or so antelope, a few deer, 17 bulls......and ONE cow. :angry:

Couple years ago, I had a unit 7E cow rifle tag.. I think I had 5 bulls stand with in 75 yards BEGGING me to shoot them... heck, I had one bull run THROUGH my camp WHILE I had my rifle in my hand! Can you believe that!?!?!

Had a juniors only, unit one cow tag a number of years ago... 3 days in a row there was a 350+ bull at the water hole we were at less than 100 yards for more than an hour each time! One day he pushed a 330 bull from the water!

Here's one for you Casey...I was in Illinois on a guided whitetail hunt w/ a well-known outfitter. Craig Boddington has hunted there...and other hunting celebs...ok?

Well, we were hunting a 12,000acre private farm. We were told that 120-140" bucks were a dime a dozen. Called references...we were pumped about this hunt. Now, I'm no fool, I know hunting is what it is...hunting. But when you pay over $4000 for a guided hunt...did my due diligence...was told I'd see all these deer...on a 5 day hunt...I saw 12 deer. Yes 12! In Illinois?! 10 total hunts....10 does...(i shot one out of frustration) and 2 bucks that were too small to shoot. (we were fined if we shot a deer under 125") Needless to day I was disappointed. But what can you do? All I can say is...I won't be back there again!!! LOL

Scott G.