firstcoueswas80

Anyone else have this happen?!

So, when I go pig hunting, I glass deer all day! Yesterday I glassed about 30 deer, 8 bucks one above 80, one above 90 and then the biggest buck I have ever glassed up that was 110+ plus! Of course, I didnt see a single pig!

In October, I glassed up pigs. On my December hunt, I saw pigs almost every day, and big herds with big pigs!

Does this happen to anyone else?

seems like it is the law that it always happens to me, and my last name is not Murphy.

Amanda, the only one that i could have probably killed was a forky. I didnt realize how good of a stalk it could have been until it was too late. The BIG buck had me pinned when i glassed him up, and the stalk would have been straigh up hill wish him and his 6 girl friends having me pinned. the rest of the bucks were chasin does.

The fork was glassed on a flat spot on a ridge. Once I realized how the stalk should have gone, i realzed i should have gone butt soon as i spotted him bedded.Like i said, he was on the flat spot and i would have had cover all the way until the last ledge that the flat spot started on. when i would have ran out of cover, i would have been at about 40 yards from him.

Mark that up to a lesson learned!

Amanda we are talking about Casey

you know he has to shot at least 3 times

and thats a little tough with a bow.

And it is alot harder to split the skull plate with an arrow :P

Your a great sport Casey ;)

Mike

I would arrow a forky in a heart beat given the chance.

The only reason I didnt stalk him was it didnt occur to me until it was too late how perfect of a stalk it would have been!

How about elk and deer and everything else having a copy of the regs? Seeing them in the same place same time every day, yet opening day there not there when you KNOW they havent been pressured or anything!

It's like missing easy shots. Anyone who says it hasn't happened to him/her is either:

a) a liar

B) doesn't hunt much

c) both of the above

Bill Quimby

Happens all the time. This year was the first year I've seen a javi while hunitng them and was lucky enough to take one. Seasons past I would spot them the day before the season to never see them again, would see plenty of deer that I was to inexperienced to shoot.

I always see BIG deer out bird hunting and I've thought to cary my bow in the truck but I learned its useless to do so, pluse I hate to cary my bow in the back of the truck just to get rattled around and stepped on be my dogs.

Just make a mental note of what you saw were.