Sign in to follow this  
DialITin

Browning X-Bolt heck's Canyon Vs Christensen Arms Mesa

First time posting!  I hear great things about the site and with was encouraged to get some advice from the group.  Looking at a new rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor (yes I'm jumping on the band wagon).  Looking at the Browning X-bolt heck's Canyon Long Range Vs the Christensen Arms Mesa.  I have also considered the Fierce Fury.  Any experience with any of these makes that could be shared would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Why are you considering those models?  I'm sure they are all great guns, but if you are only concerned with accuracy I would highly recommend a Savage model 10/12 or the Ruger Predator.  These guns are a lot cheaper and have proven to consistently shoot sub 1/2 moa.  They may not be as nice looking, but you can't argue with how accurate they are!

• Like 2

Another primary concern for me is the weight.  This will be a rifle packed into back country and used primarily for hunting.  I guess to answer your question, I was initially geared up to spend between 2 and 3K for a well built, long range gun (was considering a fierce edge).  The more I research the more confused I become.  I am going to put some money into a custom build on another rifle so now looking for the most accurate, well featured rifle I can get for around $1,000.  

I have the browning x-bolt LR and it’s basically the same rifle as the hella canyon with a different finish. The 26 inch barrel makes it a tad bit heavy for packing. Good luck with your choice. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, Big Browns said:

Why are you considering those models?  I'm sure they are all great guns, but if you are only concerned with accuracy I would highly recommend a Savage model 10/12 or the Ruger Predator.  These guns are a lot cheaper and have proven to consistently shoot sub 1/2 moa.  They may not be as nice looking, but you can't argue with how accurate they are!

Can't go wrong with a savage for accuracy!! Might not be as pretty, but dang they are shooters!!

I have a savage 270 and you can't argue about the accuracy of the savage and it's pretty light as well no complaints. I bought the hells canyon long range in 7mm and wow it amazing, It is prettier but also just better quality all around. Comes bedded adj trigger muzzle break weight is right around 6.8 if I remember correctly and it shoots awsome at long range I've only reached out to 700 and was shooting sub moa with factory ammo now I'm reloading and getting amazing results with it. I know lots of guys with the 6.5 hells canyon and they all would highly recommend it as well

• Like 1

Remember the gun cost is one thing but the scope is the money pit, have both guns can't complain at all

• Like 1

I can’t vouch for the browning but I have the Mesa in 6.5 cm. It’s an excellent rifle. Put together very nicely. It is a tack driver with Hornady ammo.