Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Bears

got so many bear pics the last 3 years, had no idea there were that many out there. some of these are the same bear it looks like but im never too sure. i got lots more of other individuals but this is what was on my phone at the moment

thumbnail_Image-1.jpg

• Like 7

Good acorns this year so maybe they are just in more accessible areas searching for oaks. 

Havnt seen a lot this year but tons of sign. 

Saw 7, maybe 8 bears in one day in Montana last month.  This old sow is the biggest black bear I've ever seen!  Not from a trail camera, old school point and shoot.  About 40 yards away right here.

41180499_10155357085062574_6139873147991621632_o.jpg

• Like 2

Been a great year for seeing them.  Between my buddy & I, I think we saw some where in the 8-10 range between scouting & hunting this year.  Saw a lot of cubs this year too, including 2 without their mothers.  I already posted the video of one that we saw in scouting, but then opening day of archery deer I had this guy under my treestand:

• Like 1

I'm on the fence.  I'd like to try the meat once, and if I don't care for it I won't kill another.  I could've killed that little one, but I aint into killing bears that are too small to even make a hand towel out of.

16 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

I'm on the fence.  I'd like to try the meat once, and if I don't care for it I won't kill another.  I could've killed that little one, but I aint into killing bears that are too small to even make a hand towel out of.

My buddy killed one in San Carlos and gave me some meat. It tasted it fine, but the greasiness and fat sealed it for me, I don't need to shoot one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Personally I have no desire to shoot a bear I think they're cool animals.im not against it or anything 

Same here.

3 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I'm the opposite, I'm out a lot and see way too many bears. Makes it hard to sleep. 

Have Swarovski’s will travel😉