Sign in to follow this  
doenuts

AZ unit 7 Mule Deer

Not looking for for your hot spot.   Wait yes I am looking for your hot spot.  I know  unit 7e better  but have never hunted mule deer there, heard it can be crowded. but I will give 110% to find a deer.   My crew went ghost on me for this hunt and my local friends are no help.   Im drawn to Kendrick area because I have never been there before. 7e I know the roads and have seen some good deer when elk hunting but where do I start, its just me living out of my rental vehicle so I am mobile. and ready to go any where.  Go high or go low go crazy with a few days of anticipation.  Looking for any input to give me a little inspiration.

thanks in advance

23 hours ago, doenuts said:

Looking for any input to give me a little inspiration.

thanks in advance

Better start scouting, you should have when you knew what tag you got drawn for.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.  Im scouting from the www , 2000 miles away.  That's the only option til Wednesday

If you have seen bucks in 7E, hunt 7E.  I have actually seen more deer in 7E than 7W in the last 20 years.

• Like 1

This is a new area for me as well. I’ve been able to spend 7 days scouting so far and haven’t seen a shooter buck yet just a couple spikes and around 100 does. I’m closing on a house Friday so I have to miss the opener which will probably kill my chances. Hope you find what you’re looking for and have a great hunt!

3 hours ago, doenuts said:

Thanks for the tip.  Im scouting from the www , 2000 miles away.  That's the only option til Wednesday

Don't mind Del. He's what we in AZ call a douche. Don't know 7 but fatlanders advise I agree with. Good luck!

I have the same hunt, I think we're going to stick to 7E but you never know. Weather's been pretty mild so I'm thinking of going on some long walks way up high.