ScottAdams

Unit 28 Early Hunt (Success Photos)

Boy what a reception, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this hunt. I'm gald everyone likes the photos and story. Thank you for all the congratulations but I really wasn't the guide. I just went along kind of as the hunt photographer. Kevin Davis was the one who located these bucks, had them pretty well patterned and put us on them. He did a great job of setting this hunt up. Bret, gotta love those nontypicals. The skull plate was broken so the horns on the nontyp were a little askew.

In answer to some of your questions. Amanda was right, the live deer photos were taken through my 30x80 Docters. I use a Leica Digilux 1 digital camera. I think it's a 4 megapixel with a 4 power optical zoom. I throw a black piece of felt over me to keep it dark and hold the camera up to the binoculars. I have to use the manual settings like the exposure and focus. Usually the photos turn out pretty good. If y'all want to chip and get me a nice digiscoping setup I'll go for that. :( That Leica is a great camera and takes some fantastic shots.

Coues Stalker I wasn't able to kill any of the lions. I had a lion tag in my pocket but we just weren't able to get on them.

Here's another photo with the "guide" Kevin in them.

MichaelKevinWaldo.jpg

By the way I was there when Kevin killed his first deer several years ago in unit 31. Here's that photo

Bigseated2.jpg

Did y'all get a good look at this buck!!! My sons, who watched him through the 30's and 15's up close for almost an hour while we pulled off the stalk, tell me that this buck was a solid 3x3 with long eye guards and points, extremely symetrical; each side a mirror image. He's definitely over 100 inches but how much over I'm not sure. It would depend on just how long those tines really are! Is he a B&C buck?

BigBuck.jpg

Scott

Congrats on the great deer. Also do you know what the one on the left will score that looks like a great trophy.

I have a tag for that unit a little later. I think he will go 105 gross for sure, no questions asked. Where does that one live exactly again :lol: ? Just kidding man, again awesome job.

Bret M.

Edited by bullwidgeon

Cool pix Scott, I bet they were real happy with those bucks. I would say that three point would be close to 100".

Let me know how your scouting trip to NM goes, and where you'll be camping so I can swing by. I'll be with my two boys in 23 for the NM opener.

nice bucks for sure. that nontypical looks like he had some identity problems. looks like maybe he broke a pedical at one time. nice bucks. i think i reckonize that canyon. Lark.

Dude that is freakin awesome!!! Making me jealous. I've been up on the east side Kaibab chasing carp deer and missing out on the Coues action. LOVE the non-typ buck, one of my goals is to kill a buck that has an elbowed beam, or one that drops down from the base and then comes back up. I saw one last year that had both antlers dropping off the sides of his head and then coming back up but since he was probably a year and half old I couldn't get myself to take him. Maybe with my bow this year eh.

Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing it with us.

Josh

PS: Those coffee thermoses stuck together are amazing!!!!!!!!!