Sign in to follow this  
Viper

ISO rear axle housing for FJ

My son has a bent rear axle housing on his 2008 FJ Cruiser. Anyone have resources for finding one or having it repaired?

Arizona Auto Parts in Phx, ask for Buddy. Should be able to get a used one for you

• Like 1

Must have been some hellish wheeling to bend housing. I've put my old and current FJ through things I never thought I'd make it out of. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Must have been some hellish wheeling to bend housing. I've put my old and current FJ through things I never thought I'd make it out of. 

I think it happened before he bought it. Maybe a collision of some kind. I noticed the rear tires don't track with the front tires, when following behind. He is wearing out tires too quickly as well. We confirmed our suspicions last weekend, with some measurements/inspection. The housing is bent to the rear at the trailing arm bracket, about 1/2", passenger side. 

Might want to check the centering bolt for the leaf spring stack to make sure it’s not broken if so that would account for the axle being shifted. Like the prior post FJ axles are pretty stout 

34 minutes ago, 360 0r Better said:

Might want to check the centering bolt for the leaf spring stack to make sure it’s not broken if so that would account for the axle being shifted. Like the prior post FJ axles are pretty stout 

FJ rear suspension use a 4 link with coil spring in the rear. It must have been a hard hit to be 1/2" off.