wardsoutfitters

salt and feed no more in 2009

" The use of any digestable or non digestable substance used to attract animals " mad.gif

The way that reads it would include salt, water, calls, scrapelines, natural feed areas.ect.

It is already illegal to bait Bear and migratory birds so does that mean waterfowl hunters could no longer us calls and decoys?

I guess it depends on how they define "substance"? Definatley seems like even scents will be a no-no, which is assanine. I don't understand how they are going to be able to tell if a deer peed under your stand or if you dumped a bottle of deer pee on the ground. What if I pee on the ground a deer just happens to come by and sniff it? I can't shoot it or what?

" The use of any digestable or non digestable substance used to attract animals " mad.gif

The way that reads it would include salt, water, calls, scrapelines, natural feed areas.ect.

It is already illegal to bait Bear and migratory birds so does that mean waterfowl hunters could no longer us calls and decoys?

To expand on that:

Spring Turkey hunters could not call or use decoys.

Rut Elk hunters could not call.

Rut Deer hunters could not rattle or grunt.

They knew what they are doing but what are they thinking :huh:

I don't think that will be the case, the difference is in the wording "substance" versus "device'. I think they are targeting scents and edible attractants not calls but if thier rule applies to private property as well then all heck will break loose, you know how many quail blocks and sh$% like that would apply?!?

There won't be any more elk scents or wafers either, I think New Mexico has that same rule??

sub·stance (sub′stəns)

noun

the real or essential part or element of anything; essence, reality, or basic matter

the physical matter of which a thing consists; material

matter of a particular kind or chemical composition

solid quality; substantial character

consistency; body

so do we get a say on this? will there be meetings or anything? We need to fight back on this guys...

they already took some hunts in some units away from us in december, and put some Aug/Sept hunts to a draw. Now they're trying to limit the success elsewhere by removing salt/feed as an option, next thing ya know they're gonna put a limit on how many fps our bows can shoot, who knows maybe someday we're gonna have to hunt with sharpened spears.

I dont get it, the dept is trying to promote quantity of hunts over quality, so why are they taking away from the group of hunters where they can afford the most growth? (meaning lowest success rates) Why not take away from the rifle hunters who traditionally enjoy much higher success rates if they really feel the need to incess opportunity. Since I for one dont even agree with that to begin with. Seems to me like the commission is maybe just anti-archery? Anyone else getting this feeling?

We got speak up and stick together on this one guys. if start giving them an inch, you know they'll take as much as they can.

The rule I was fowarded stated:

"Prohibit the use of edible or ingestible substances to attract big game for the purpose of hunting."

Birdfeeders and quail blocks in your backyard should be OK.

Don't think mouthblown/electronic calls will fall under this.

I suspect doe or elk urine will be OK as it is not meant as an attractant to be eaten/ingested.

This is all such BS but it is going to get worse especially since we have a total jacka$$ taking office. I hate to say this but in 10 years we could be california if this does not stop. Just like was said before first this, then motorized vehicles then etc. All I know is that this state and country should stand strong in the next years to come. If we don't we lose..... All you jokers that think this will be okay should realize as hunters we are all of the same party, and should defend or stand for each other, like family. Anyone disagree can kiss my uknowwhat!

Time to stand up. they are going to present it at the game and fish meeting in casa grand 5th of december. this is another target attemp at bowhunters, we are already limited by 20% harvest based on rifle success. removal of key december hunts. putting units to draws. making mandatory harvest report, " archery deer is the only one". Our success rates statewide are typically 4-6% compared to rifle 18-24% statewide.guys you need to call brian waklin big game chief and voice your fustration, send daily e-mails. to him and the govenor since they have to approve it. Pretty shocking that he is pushing this, since a few months ago he stated it was at the back burner and since the department was in a budget crunch it was not a top priority since the secratary that was doing the reseach was transfered and his former boss Leonard transfered to tuscon. remember. this effects all hunters. No more salt! They are still trying to take away our september bull tags and make them all nov. hunts. the ABA is in the process of fighting this as we speak. next year it will be since they took the rifle dec. tags from us. THEY WILL ONLY ALLOW YOU TO HUNT FROM 10:00am to 12:00pm and again from 2:00 pm to 4:00pm due to high success of rifle hunter tag teaming there hunts with 6 guys glassing for that shooter buck. but if you want to hunt during morning hours you will have to buy a special permit for $300 to do this. guys this is just the beginning to remove all hunting from us! again we are only as strong as our voices are heard. remember we are the PAYING CUSTOMERS!

We has hunters need to stand together as one, not divided as bow and rifle hunters. We have to continue to fight for each others rights. I drafting a petition and will be done with it in about a week. I have contacted numerous feed and supplement companies across the United States, and have asked for their support in this matter. I will be sending the petition to each of them and passing it around at the ATA show in January. We also need to fight for the removal of the 20% rule. Decisions are being made that affect archers without factual data. As I am sure you are aware, archery hunters are mandated to report their kills and rifle hunters are not.