1 hour ago, Jay Scott said:

Cody-

I think Ernesto and others have been doing a great job giving advice to you for your hunt.  I apologize if this has already been covered but make sure to have your US Fish and Wildlife Declaration Form and Notice of Arrival Form ready and filled out when you cross back into the US.  You can google and print both forms by simply typing those words in.  I'm happy to help if you have any questions on the form.

A couple of other things, make sure on the back of your gun permit in the middle it says "El Prestador De Servicios" that is where the owner of the ranch needs to make sure they sign.  I've seen many years this never signed and it doesn't create a problem but it seems lately the military and the policia at Aduana want that signed.

Remember you can also google and print your Customs 4457 form.  Make sure the US customs sign and date that form on your way in.

Capes need to be "pliable" upon reaching the border.  They want to be able to check for ticks throughout the whole cape.  If one tick is found dead or alive there is a very good chance they will confiscate the cape.  In years past they used to let us pick until they were satisfied but seems like last year the tolerance level was lower.

Don't forget to cancel your vehicle permit and check your guns out at military and policia on the way back to the US

I appreciate everyone trying to help and sticking together.  Its really great to see!  Please don't hesitate to reach out if anyone has further questions as I will do my best to help. jayscottoutdoors@gmail.com

Have a great time in Sonora as it is one of the finest and most spectacular places in the world.  Shoot straight and drive safe!

Thanks Jay I appreciate that info and the info you gave me through Instagram messages. 

• Like 1

My friends want to bring a couple little propane bottles for a grill and also some of the little fuel cans for a Jet Boil/backpacking stove. Does anyone know if I will have any issues getting these across the border or where I could find out?

17 hours ago, bigsky2 said:

My friends want to bring a couple little propane bottles for a grill and also some of the little fuel cans for a Jet Boil/backpacking stove. Does anyone know if I will have any issues getting these across the border or where I could find out?

I've never heard of that being a problem.

I have taken them into Mexico without any issues.