Sign in to follow this  

DesertBull I had it done about about seven years ago and it was well worth the money for me, I haven't had one problem since either, I know of a few people that have had dry eye problems and have to use drops alot. I think prices have changed and so have the techniques for the procedure.

This is where I had mine done

http://lasikvisioninstitute.com/locator/re...?id=1&dist=

I had lasik about 10 years ago and I was good for a long time. but I am wearing glasses again so I may do it again. I had barnet delany perkins do it and will recommened them.

My wife had Lasik done about 3 weeks ago. We spent a whoppin 4 grand, for the newest and greatest equipment. We did not want to go cheap with eyesight on the line. She had 20/20 in one eye after about a week, and the other eye is real close. She says that it gets better everyday, and was worth every penny.

We went to Hodges Eye Care in Tucson.

I had it done at least 10 years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did. I spent under $3K then (around $2700). Over the past few months I've noticed that my eyes are not as sharp as they used to be, but I was told that my eyesight would change over time naturally. I'm still not wearing glasses or contact lenses. I highly recommend it.

J

I had it done about 2 years ago by Nationwide and it was very cheap. It only cost me $1500. I was seeing better than 20/20 2 days later, and I was able to go back to work the next day!

I have an appointment on Friday for my 1st exam.

I wonder how much $$$ for them to implant the Swarovski 10x lens?

:lol:

Had it one year ago. I am VERY satisfied with my decision to finally get it done. My eyes were something like 20/250 prior to the surgery, and am now 20/20 (20/15 on the left, 20/20 on the right...). No problems per se'..... I get a little 'fog' at night around bright lights, but it is really nothing that is significant.

I went through Dr. Jay Swartz in Scottsdale. Price was somewhere around $3500.00 (could have gone cheaper, but I personally would NEVER bargain shop with my eye sight.... ;) ).

Good luck!

S.

PS: No more foggy glasses on those cool mornings!!!! :lol: :lol:

I did mine on my birthday in 2006. I went with Barnett Dulaney Perkins as well. Price was right at 4K. Expensive, yes, but my eyesight was not something that I was going to start "bargain shopping" with. I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

I can't remember the doctor's name, but the guy who does all the Lasik procedures for some of our local professional sports teams is available to the public as well. He is cheaper than 4K.

Well, I am getting it done tomorrow afternoon

Barnet, Delany, Perkins Eye center

I sure would like to do it someday! I took a baseball square (or cirlce i guess) in my left eye when i was about 12 years old, and now I am lucky if I can see where the eye chart is with just my left eye! I wear contacts most of the time and can see real well with them but they dry out too quick I think.

Awesome! I'm in the process of trying to get a appointment scheduled. I've got a real bad astigmatism and hope that I can still get it done. Just sucks that they don't answer any questions over the phone; I really don't want to drive down just for them to tell me that my astigmatism is to bad.

Nathan

Awesome! I'm in the process of trying to get a appointment scheduled. I've got a real bad astigmatism and hope that I can still get it done. Just sucks that they don't answer any questions over the phone; I really don't want to drive down just for them to tell me that my astigmatism is to bad.

Nathan

I have astigmatism too.

I have astigmatism too.

Just hard finding the time for the first visit. however the second they say you are a canidate (i hope) I won't sleep until its done. hope everything goes good let us know.

Buckhorn

Well, so far so good. Still a little hazy but that's normal I guess. Not exactly as painless as they say but not bad at all.

Valium + Demerol is your friend. :blink: