Sign in to follow this  
MTNSGT

Draw Question

I am fairly new to this whole draw process. I drew a deer tag through the draw this year so I understand that process. I have read the most recent elk and antelope regulations and have found that obtaining a bonus point only is pretty confusing to me. I will be moving overseas for a few years and am interested in obtain bonus points only for elk over the next few years. My question is can you obtain a bonus point only through the online draw system? Or do you have to submit a paper application? 

You can put in for bonus point only through the online system. It will give you a choice to either select hunts or Bonus point only. You will still have to purchase a license every yr even when applying for point only.

You can get a bonus point through a paper application but being that paper deadline is jan 19 th year and the last year of paper apps you’ll have to do it online.  Having a current license is correct.   Not sure why your moving but next time you buy a license make sure you know what your residency status is and buy the appropriate license. 

I am moving temporarily for work but I will be gone for 3 years. Not sure what the criteria is for how long me being away makes me a non resident? If I own a house here during the time of me being gone would I still be considered a resident? These arent things I've thought about so thank you for bringing that up.

2 hours ago, MTNSGT said:

I am moving temporarily for work but I will be gone for 3 years. Not sure what the criteria is for how long me being away makes me a non resident? If I own a house here during the time of me being gone would I still be considered a resident? These arent things I've thought about so thank you for bringing that up.

https://www.azgfd.com/PortalImages/files/licenses/residency/AZ Resident brochure_2016_nocrop_F.pdf