Sign in to follow this  
buckshotaz

Help iron out a tripod issue

I have a feeling the end result will be great if you are watching a single point but when you want to start panning and tilting, it will be a big hassle making all the subtle adjustments. I can't sit and glass for that reason but I seem to be in the minority. 10+ hrs standing behind glass doesn't bother me in the least. The last time I glassed while sitting, it was for 5 hrs waiting for a deer to get up from behind a bush and your idea would have been perfect for that situation. Let us know if you do it and how you like the final result. 

Manfrotto also makes a tripod with the 90* center column.  Besides the previously mentioned head alignment, one may be concerned if the center column is long enough to reach in front of your body, and also how much vibration one would have with the extended arm.

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Because I just drank 3 pints of kilt lifter 

The Kilt Lifter should solve the sore back issue...no need for a funky tripod.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I have a feeling the end result will be great if you are watching a single point but when you want to start panning and tilting, it will be a big hassle making all the subtle adjustments. I can't sit and glass for that reason but I seem to be in the minority. 10+ hrs standing behind glass doesn't bother me in the least. The last time I glassed while sitting, it was for 5 hrs waiting for a deer to get up from behind a bush and your idea would have been perfect for that situation. Let us know if you do it and how you like the final result. 

Your post got me thinking about adjustments and I can see what you are talking about. This will take some testing and maybe I should be working on a chair and leave the tripod alone? 

This is the kind of crap I think of when all I have to do is see if I’m drawn for elk or antelope. I have no interest into getting in the conversation about the big deer. 

• Like 1