Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

22 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Pretty cool. Wonder what was the deciding factor in that video that convinced him? 

The clear location and size of the metatarsal gland 

Unless the 'biologist' took a DNA sample and confirmed a 'Hybrid' than NOTHING is certain, at this point.  Time will tell I guess, but until then I'm enjoying the fact we have some serious hybrid biologists of our own right here on CWT.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

The clear location and size of the metatarsal gland 

Indeed. I just watched the video in this thread for the first time as I didn't know it was there. 

Pretty clear....

5 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Did A3 know of the buck before Ben gave them the heads up? 

A3 did not know about this deer until Ben got into contact with them.  Chad Rhotons brother Bryan is a tag holder and that's the only reason why A3's name is apart of this...  Ben had his team put together to kill this buck for Bryan. 

6 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Unless the 'biologist' took a DNA sample and confirmed a 'Hybrid' than NOTHING is certain, at this point.  Time will tell I guess, but until then I'm enjoying the fact we have some serious hybrid biologists of our own right here on CWT.  :)

Stand by buddy... these guys are just getting started. Some of CWT's finest haven't arrived yet... Ed F

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Beaton said:

So all this amounts to is this is not a true 150inch coues buck but a unique deer and a trophy as far as I'm concerned all the drama of how it was killed is dumb! So Duwane Adam's is the outfitter with the client that harvested it but if the story is true then maybe he should have had common courtesy and backed out but what I'm wondering about is you said the original person who was on the deer said it was on the hill. How did it end up in the flats? Just saying. I agree with trophyhuntr sounds like people are but hurt cause they didn't kill it. But if Adam's just walked in with disregard for the other hunter that's wrong too!

Correct, this is not a true 150” Coues whitetail deer. The drama is extremely dumb and could’ve easily been avoided. 

Spotter found the buck on the hill. Ben and the hunter were on the other side of the hill. Before Ben and the hunter could get around to the buck side of the hill, the buck had moved down in the flats. Coincidentally, about that same time Duwane and his hunter got there. Duwanes guide then picked up the buck in the flats. Boom. Dead hybrid. 

1 minute ago, BOWUNTR said:

Stand by buddy... these guys are just getting started. Some of CWT's finest haven't arrived yet... Ed F

I personally know the biologist who looked at the deer after it was killed.  Like it's been said before, that metatarsal gland screams hybrid...  but your right, nothing's certain till it gets tested...    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Indeed. I just watched the video in this thread for the first time as I didn't know it was there. 

Pretty clear....

And that’s the problem. Guys won’t even watch the video like you just did. Thank you

16 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Wrong. Metatarsals are, in fact, a definitive way of identifying a hybrid. 

1 hour ago, jeremiahjohnson said:

Look I get that there’s a bunch of “fan boys” on here that probably have Adams book, in hard copy, that’s autographed, and they sleep with it every night. But when you look at this whole crap show it boils down to ethics. The way this went down, could constitute a good ol’ fashioned butt whoopin, and probably should have gone down that way. BUT then a lawyer would have been called and someone would cry “SLANDER”. 

100%

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

So, CJohnson, whose your source for your post?  Ben?  I've found that those who don't succeed makes lots of excuses and stories up to explain their lack of success. I agree with most everyone on here, Dwayne's a stand up guy, helping people pretty regularly.  Helping people become better hunters.  I remember talking to him at the ADA deer seminar years ago at length before my first hunt there,   never pushed me to hire him, but gave me tons of info on the Kaibab.  Saw him there on the late hunt this year , and he was very supportive of other hunters coming in with deer on their own. 

Hyrbid or not, great buck!  Who wouldn't shoot that toad?

Haters gonna Hate!

What does it matter who my source is? Change my mind! Once again, thanks for the warm and fuzzy stories of when Duwayne changed your tire, or when Duwayne rocked your baby to sleep. Or whatever. 

And spare me the “those who don’t succeed make up lots of stories to make up for their lack of success” garbage. You just get back from a Tony Robbins seminar? That’s become the go-to response when snowflakes get offended or don’t have anything significant to contribute. 

13 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

Correct, this is not a true 150” Coues whitetail deer. The drama is extremely dumb and could’ve easily been avoided. 

Spotter found the buck on the hill. Ben and the hunter were on the other side of the hill. Before Ben and the hunter could get around to the buck side of the hill, the buck had moved down in the flats. Coincidentally, about that same time Duwane and his hunter got there. Duwanes guide then picked up the buck in the flats. Boom. Dead hybrid. 

How is this drama

• Like 1