Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

18 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Why did someone have to give the greenlight for somebody else to go after this buck?

Colt Yount found this buck in July and he hunted for him hard in October along with the help of his brother Shane Yount. They were unsuccessful, however Colt gave his brother Shane the green light to take Tol in there and kill this monster. 

Reading that story had me confused as f 

• Like 1

Least it was super raffle and not a money hunt that got it. That would be tough to sell out on a buck like that, unless the sell out was a really big $buck$.

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Why did someone have to give the greenlight for somebody else to go after this buck?

Colt Yount found this buck in July and he hunted for him hard in October along with the help of his brother Shane Yount. They were unsuccessful, however Colt gave his brother Shane the green light to take Tol in there and kill this monster. 

Based on the brief write-up, it sounds to me like the "green light" was just typical hunter-hunter (brother to brother) courtesy.

• Like 5

What a great buck, but please do educate me and forgive my ignorance.  I have changed my opinion 3 or 4 times on hybrid or coues just looking at the 5 or 6 pictures--Mule deer rack on one side, WT on the other, big brown patched floppy eared head, but I have seen coues with that brown patch too but not as distinctive as this buck.  The not quite defining white ring on the nose, but more of the graying from forehead to nose that is more like a mule deer.  If there such a thing as a hybrid and you did have a mule deer tag--where is the line drawn here in terms of harvest? 

Yeah, I can't find it either.. but not always something that is evident based on shot and distance... I guess of all the coues deer I've killed, I've never been that undecided based on physical appearance that I had to wait for an tail flip or flag to convince myself.. but then again I've never seen a 140" coues either... 

It sure looks like a mule face, great buck no matter what gender he is