Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

3B muzzleloader Hunt. Predict the future

I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Honestly I’d like a 320 or better but the last day or so any elk is awesome.

Is there any elk unit in AZ that doesn’t have 320 bulls even on the worst years? And why hold out for a tag that takes 15 years to draw to shoot a 320 

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Is there any elk unit in AZ that doesn’t have 320 bulls even on the worst years? And why hold out for a tag that takes 15 years to draw to shoot a 320 

Cause I’m tired of waiting, it’s too far from home to scout regular for a better specific bull, it’s know for a few decent bulls a year, and even if I find a bigger one I’ll have 75 archers there the two weeks prior. I’m just tryin to be realistic bud.

If it wasn’t for the stupid tropical storm that come up on my hunt I would’ve fared much better. 

I will say I screwed the pooch on a 330ish 6x7 and had a great chance on a 350 6x6 but he wouldn’t come around the other side of the bush for the 50 yd shot. ☹️

Other than that being a dry year I thought the horn growth was decent. 

And again the stupid storm. 

I think it’s worth blowing your points on it. 

I ended up with a 4x4 last day last hour...was on a herd bull but this guy got run off by him and I got nervous thinking I was going home empty handed   

I probably blew it but oh well I have a lot of meat. 

I had a 330-340” type bull in my field just outside my bedroom door this past year during the muzzy hunt.....dang thing would bugle all night and keep me awake.....he would bugle while bedded!   Lazy SOB.  😁 Not sure if he ended up being taken.....if not, he’ll be a dandy this year.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

I had a 330-340” type bull in my field just outside my bedroom door this past year during the muzzy hunt.....dang thing would bugle all night and keep me awake.....he would bugle while bedded!   Lazy SOB.  😁 Not sure if he ended up being taken.....if not, he’ll be a dandy this year.  

Well if he’s still there I’ll buy and cook the steaks while we sit at your house and wait for him!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Well if he’s still there I’ll buy and cook the steaks while we sit at your house and wait for him!

Then we all go to The Lodge and get wasted 

• Like 2