Sign in to follow this  
AZbowhntr

ATV trailer recommendations

Yes, I have seen those 18' prices and I have almost talked my self into buying one. I primarily hunt alone or with a buddy but still have a family. The idea of having a five seater that can be used for family rides but quickly turn into a small nimble hunting sxs has really got my interest. I wouldn't use the back seat most of the time on the larger crew cabs. I had a six seater Yamaha viking and I never really used the back seats. 

22 minutes ago, AZbowhntr said:

I wasn't going to buy new but there were a few 2018 models still out there for a really good price.  I have been seeing the 2016 used models for the same as what I am paying for a brand new one.  So if you can still find one that is your best deal.  I have a friend that has one and really likes it.  I love the idea of the back seats folding down into the bed and it becoming a full bed that dumps.

I picked up the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 in December and am beyond impressed with it. I have been around Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Can Am and the Honda I feel out performs them easily and is actually less expensive. Great rig!!!

I got lucky and got a great deal on a dual axle Big Tex trailer from a CW member.  I wanted a dual axle trailer, because in my experience they tow better.  I didn't realize how much of a pain it would be to move due to the added weight.    The other separate issue I didn't take into consideration is I have to store my vehicle and trailer out side.  Therefore I wish I would have bought a covered trailer.  Yes, I still wouldn't be able to move it without a vehicle, but it would protect my investment much better over the years.  Plus a covered trailer could be set up with bunk beds and act as a great hunting trailer.  

10 hours ago, Big Browns said:

I got lucky and got a great deal on a dual axle Big Tex trailer from a CW member.  I wanted a dual axle trailer, because in my experience they tow better.  I didn't realize how much of a pain it would be to move due to the added weight.    The other separate issue I didn't take into consideration is I have to store my vehicle and trailer out side.  Therefore I wish I would have bought a covered trailer.  Yes, I still wouldn't be able to move it without a vehicle, but it would protect my investment much better over the years.  Plus a covered trailer could be set up with bunk beds and act as a great hunting trailer.  

They make that setup it’s called a Toyhauler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1