couestaxi

UPS loses cabelas TAGS

Who can make the Cabelas sucks bumper stickers, or the cabelas with the circle and slash through it bumper stickers.

I still like the Piss on US Outfitter I could see a Piss on Cabela's coming soon.

Buckhorn

I am definetely a sponsor of eliminating people from the draw who makes mistakes. It really pissed me off when they came out with the correction period and they notify people by phone if they made a mistake before a certain time. I'm not going to whine about it. If there is a legal and binding process that anyone can take advantage of because of a mistake, then they should allowed take advantage of it. It sounds like cabelas has a right to take advantage of a process to appeal there case before the commission the same way some of you take advantage of the correction period. Some of you guys are really getting butt hurt here.

Game and Fish would tell an individual tough luck; and the correction period also has a deadline, do you think they call anyone up that misses the deadline. The way I read the rule is the director can authorize an extension, why then is the commission involved in this one, because of Cabelas, because of the money they represent, and I don't care what they say just them asking for this is throwing their weight around, major corporations know that and use it to their advantage. If this does happen the can of worms it will open is going to cause problems with this department for years to come.

Maybe cabelas can get O.J. Simpson to do commercials for them if this is allowed, kind of like his old commercials, running throught he airport, jumping over stuff, then handing the box over to a Game and Fish rep., the box will have Cabelas TAGS written on it.

I have a feeling Casey was telling a fish story about the scale.

I guess I am in the minority on this.

I do not think they should be able to put those apps in the draw, rules are rules, and I will be mad if they do get them in, but I am not going to hold a grudge against Cabela's for trying. They are only ASKING for leniency, it's up to the Commission to grant it or not. I do not see the harm in ASKING.

If they filed a lawsuit and held up the process, set a bad precedence for future legal issues, etc, that would be a whole differnt issue.

If one of us made a mistake on our taxes, had a auto accident that was our fault, made a bad financial decision in our life, etc, we would do everything we could LEGALLY do to try and resolve the issue in our favor or lessen the punishment, even if it were our fault.

They made a mistake, like everyone of us has at one time or another, and are taking advantage of the system to try to get it resolved in their favor. They have already declared that they will not take legal action and will abide by the decision of the Commission.

Maybe if Taulman had taken that stand when he was in court, maybe he'd still have his TV show and most of his customers.

Cabela's has done a lot more good for the sportsmen and women of this country than harm, much more.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I hope they get told no, but if they don't, it won't be their bad decision, it will be those in charge. Either way, I will still buy stuff, like salt blocks, doe wizz, corn and deercain, from Cabela's. :P

Game and Fish would tell an individual tough luck; and the correction period also has a deadline, do you think they call anyone up that misses the deadline. The way I read the rule is the director can authorize an extension, why then is the commission involved in this one, because of Cabelas, because of the money they represent, and I don't care what they say just them asking for this is throwing their weight around, major corporations know that and use it to their advantage. If this does happen the can of worms it will open is going to cause problems with this department for years to come.

Keith, be part of process and go to the meeting and speak your mind, just be respectful about it. Let the process play out, it will most likely go against them anyway.

Looking back at Casey's post on the scale, I too believe he was jiving about the scale, post edited

When their apps were sent back, that was being told NO, they are using a loophole in the rules if it is there to slow the process down for everyone that did it right. My problem was that they should ahave and probably did ask in private and were told no by the director, so now they are asking the commission. This reminds me of those commercials you see on tv of the drunk dis-oriented person standing in front of the police car and then it goes to the law office, when I was arrested for dui I called (nobody & nobody) and they got me out of it. Cabelas is making it out like they are out to help everyone and not just their clients, do you think if any one of us asked cabelas hey um I was a little late for the draw, would you ASK the commission for me to extend the deadline, I asked and was told no, but you are one of the if not the largest hunting and fishing stores in the world, and they will pull strings to hear you, we wouldn't get jack squat from them. There are a few things that I might say we ought to listen to them, but this was a mistake on their part and bringing it into the public light like this is making them look bad and making the AZGFD look bad too, in my opinion.

No matter what the outcome, if anyone messes up later this year or next year there is now a precedent to go before the commission and cause a delay for everyone to have them hear your case, even a month after the deadline, and if they don't hear you out, you will absolutely have a lawsuit for an ambulance chaser.

Keith, be part of process and go to the meeting and speak your mind, just be respectful about it. Let the process play out, it will most likely go against them anyway.

Looking back at Casey's post on the scale, I too believe he was jiving about the scale, post edited

Part of the problem is the time for this meeting, if at all possible I will be there.

When their apps were sent back, that was being told NO, they are using a loophole in the rules if it is there to slow the process down for everyone that did it right. My problem was that they should ahave and probably did ask in private and were told no by the director, so now they are asking the commission. This reminds me of those commercials you see on tv of the drunk dis-oriented person standing in front of the police car and then it goes to the law office, when I was arrested for dui I called (nobody & nobody) and they got me out of it. Cabelas is making it out like they are out to help everyone and not just their clients, do you think if any one of us asked cabelas hey um I was a little late for the draw, would you ASK the commission for me to extend the deadline, I asked and was told no, but you are one of the if not the largest hunting and fishing stores in the world, and they will pull strings to hear you, we wouldn't get jack squat from them. There are a few things that I might say we ought to listen to them, but this was a mistake on their part and bringing it into the public light like this is making them look bad and making the AZGFD look bad too, in my opinion.

No matter what the outcome, if anyone messes up later this year or next year there is now a precedent to go before the commission and cause a delay for everyone to have them hear your case, even a month after the deadline, and if they don't hear you out, you will absolutely have a lawsuit for an ambulance chaser.

Then the commission should have said no to the hearing.

I guess I am in the minority on this.

I do not think they should be able to put those apps in the draw, rules are rules, and I will be mad if they do get them in, but I am not going to hold a grudge against Cabela's for trying. They are only ASKING for leniency, it's up to the Commission to grant it or not. I do not see the harm in ASKING.

If they filed a lawsuit and held up the process, set a bad precedence for future legal issues, etc, that would be a whole differnt issue.

If one of us made a mistake on our taxes, had a auto accident that was our fault, made a bad financial decision in our life, etc, we would do everything we could LEGALLY do to try and resolve the issue in our favor or lessen the punishment, even if it were our fault.

They made a mistake, like everyone of us has at one time or another, and are taking advantage of the system to try to get it resolved in their favor. They have already declared that they will not take legal action and will abide by the decision of the Commission.

Maybe if Taulman had taken that stand when he was in court, maybe he'd still have his TV show and most of his customers.

Cabela's has done a lot more good for the sportsmen and women of this country than harm, much more.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I hope they get told no, but if they don't, it won't be their bad decision, it will be those in charge. Either way, I will still buy stuff, like salt blocks, doe wizz, corn and deercain, from Cabela's. :P

Desertbull brings up some good points here that I have to agree with, I also hope that an exception is not made but you really can't blame them for trying, most of us would do the same thing.

Maybe cabelas can get O.J. Simpson to do commercials for them if this is allowed, kind of like his old commercials, running throught he airport, jumping over stuff, then handing the box over to a Game and Fish rep., the box will have Cabelas TAGS written on it.

I have a feeling Casey was telling a fish story about the scale.

Nope. true story. It will go in the trash.

DesertBull,

You hit it right on the head. I would assume that the employee(s) that f'd this up probably don't have a job anymore ;) but Cabelas is going to try and rectify it and do what they can to help their customers. You can't blame them for trying. Everybody wants to just grab the torches and pitchforks and "lynch us some Cabelas" :P Now with that being said I'm hoping this is a formality that the G&F is giving them to hear them out and then just tell them no. If they do except the apps then we should go them torches and pitchforks and head to the G&F! :angry:

Who can make the Cabelas sucks bumper stickers, or the cabelas with the circle and slash through it bumper stickers.

Bass Pro Shops?