couestaxi

UPS loses cabelas TAGS

You guys are blaming Cabelas.. Shouldn't you be blaming UPS???? UPS is on the hook for this one.

What does the law read? Does it say postmarked or received on the deadline???

J

You guys are blaming Cabelas.. Shouldn't you be blaming UPS???? UPS is on the hook for this one.

J

Post marks don't count.

Cabela's is responsable to THEIR PAYING customers

Cabela's does have the right to go after UPS for losses.

My$.02

J

I have alway's been told by the AZGFD that Postmarks do not count.

Cabela's should have sent them in a little bit earlier IMO. I alway's send mine in way in advance or hand deliver them.

They should be chewing UPS's butts and not AZGFD's because now they are going to open a whole can of worms for all

of us little guy's who did not get their's in before the deadline at on time or the other.

Post marks do not count :P Apps must be in G&F hands by the deadline. As far as blame I think it was Cabelas fault and not UPS. Cabelas should of had an earlier deadline on their end to prevent this from happening. Sorry to those that this effects but their should be no reason for G&F to accept these apps legally.

i don't think they'll be able to get much outta UPS besides a refund for the cost of shipping but i am sure that UPS will probably reimburse cabela's for some part of their loss because they're such a huge account for them.

News from G&F

March 12, 2008 A public meeting of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission will be held on March 14, 2008 at 11:30 a.m. as authorized by A.R.S. § 17-201(D). Members of the Commission will attend either in person or by telephone conference call. The Commission will discuss and may vote to take action on the following matters: March 14, 2008, Arizona Game and Fish Commission at the Arizona Game and Fish Department Headquarters, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix Arizona 85086. Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. 1. Presenter: Harry Seck, Assistant Director, Special Services, Request by Cabela’s T.A.G.S. for a Hearing to Extend the 2008 Antelope and Elk Draw Deadline.

Cabela’s T.A.G.S. is requesting a hearing before the Arizona Game and Fish Commission to request the 2008 Antelope and Elk draw deadline be extended to consider all applications received by the Commission, to date, where there is proof of mailing on or before February 11, 2008, or proof that the applications were sent via courier service guaranteeing delivery February 12, 2008 before 7:00 P.M.

The Commission will vote to accept or deny Cabela’s T.A.G.S petition, which may require the Commission to change the hunt application deadline for the 2008 antelope and elk draw. 2. Call to the Public. Those persons wishing to speak should complete a speaker’s card and present it to the host. Unless prior approval has been granted by the Chairman, comments will be limited to no more than three minutes. No discussion or action will be taken by the Commission. Any items requiring further discussion or action will be included on a future Commission meeting agenda.

The more I think about this the more pissed I get, if the azgfd is doing this to appease cabelas it should have been done behind closed doors: cabelas we are sorry for all your customers, but the AZGFD has a deadline and to change that for this reason would allow the integrity of our department to be compramised: and that all could have been said behind closed doors. Now it is an issue for the AZGFD, cabelas, and every person who applies to hunt in Arizona. I don't know about being at that meeting because if the outcome is in favor of cabelas I am liable to tell an entire commission to F-off, and cabelas to kiss my a**, not to mention whoever might be there to support them. dang it sucks to be this pissed about something so stupid, but then again over the last few years there are a few people on that commission that fit the stupid description to a tee. I probably won't ever get a tag here again, but as Forrest Gump said stupid is as stupid does.

The more I think about this the more pissed I get, if the azgfd is doing this to appease cabelas it should have been done behind closed doors: cabelas we are sorry for all your customers, but the AZGFD has a deadline and to change that for this reason would allow the integrity of our department to be compramised: and that all could have been said behind closed doors. Now it is an issue for the AZGFD, cabelas, and every person who applies to hunt in Arizona. I don't know about being at that meeting because if the outcome is in favor of cabelas I am liable to tell an entire commission to F-off, and cabelas to kiss my a**, not to mention whoever might be there to support them. dang it sucks to be this pissed about something so stupid, but then again over the last few years there are a few people on that commission that fit the stupid description to a tee. I probably won't ever get a tag here again, but as Forrest Gump said stupid is as stupid does.

INTEGRITY???? MONEY???

aren't most of these tags out of state apps anyways? guess that 20$ bill to the ups guy to deliver them late paid off!

They dropped the online companies because they couldn't guarantee certain things, and from what I remember that the AZGFD has a vey high standard when it comes to the draw( this is from them), and these companies weren't operating like the AZGFD thought they should, and now here we are kissing the cabelas stores a** because they messed up. I read the rules I knew my tag had to be in by the 12, and I hand delivered it on the 11th because I knew the rules, I am just joe hunter and I must not matter if this goes through. If UPS messed up that is between UPS and cabelas, it don't have a dang thing to do with anuone else, that is about as simple as it gets, and like someone else said before, why in the heck do you send them the day before the draw.

i have heard that Cabela's is was the largest UPS account in the world.

:lol:

Can I ask someone who might know why is Harry Seck requesting this for cabelas, he works for the AZGFD, is that his job, was it requested of him and he is now asking the commission as per his job. I don't know Harry Seck, and I can't seem to find his email address either. What sucks is that we don't know what the dept. is saying on the inside, but we all know that on the outside to us it will be { if the commission directs us to redo the draw then that is what we will do, we will do what the commission directs} when to me it should never get back to the commission it should have been stated as every one of us has said, you were LATE and didn't make the DEADLINE, now just go away.

Hopefully, it's a just formality and a courtesy they are taking to give Cabela's an official say in the matter before telling them to suck it.

Hopefully, it's a just formality and a courtesy they are taking to give Cabela's an official say in the matter before telling them to suck it.

You are probably right, but to me they should have been told to "suck it" behind closed doors, then it isn't a public fiasco, No matter how I wrote that it just sounds bad, so just keep your minds out of the gutters, I am not talking about New York Gov. Spitzer.