BowhunterAZ

Truck tuning

I would like to get my truck tuned for the bigger tires I put on it but everyone I’ve called has told me I need to buy the actual tuner for $500. If I planned on switching tunes all the time I’d definitely buy it but I just want a one time tune. Does anyone know of a place in town that’ll do this? 

One Stop Truck Shop.

Thanks for the replies.

it is an f150 with the 3.5 liter eco boost. I know 5 star has some good tunes that’ll adjust shift points and such, but again, I don’t want to spend $500 if I don’t have to

It was tuned at the factory.  Unless you are entering a race you already have a "tune".  You want more horsepower? it will cost you more than the "tune" price.  

6 minutes ago, ThomC said:

It was tuned at the factory.  Unless you are entering a race you already have a "tune".  You want more horsepower? it will cost you more than the "tune" price.  

It has nothing to do with racing or power. When you put on bigger tires all of those factory settings like shift points and speedometer gets thrown off. Just want to align the computer with tires on the truck. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TexasHunter said:

Depending on the year any shop with a Ford IDS should be able to change tire size in the computer settings. 

Good to know. I’ll call the dealership. Thanks