Sign in to follow this  
105Coues

Utah Pauns Rifle Management hunt

Finally pulled a UT tag as a NR with 16 points and I am stoked. I would love to see some pics of management bucks from the Pauns area so I can get an idea of what to expect. I will be making at least one scouting trip before the season to learn the roads and terrain hoping to make the most of the experience. I would love to talk to any previous tag holders if you are willing about maps and what to expect. Pm me and I can give you my number or email. I have been watching YouTube videos all morning!!

• Like 1

I think they have to have 3-points or less on one side? No positive though. Wish i could help, i know nothing about it. I’m sure it will be a blast but 16bp’s for a management hunt seems crazy? Gotta love the Utah draw system. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! It is three or less on one side. When I started putting in in Utah I had no idea I would be looking at 16 years later and putting in for Management  hunt. I don’t think I will live long enough to pull a Pauns or Henry tag. Lol
I am trying cut my losses and move on to other states to try. I am just hoping to have a fun hunt, see a lot of deer, and get a poke at a mature buck.
It’s the being out there that I enjoy. Was out yesterday for a 5 mile hike looking for turkeys at 9000+ feet but didn’t see any. Did catch 5 Apache trout though. 

Thanks Jeff! I will PM you. Thats a good looking buck.