Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Isaac got to see his first mountain lion

Dad called me and said he had a lion treed. I hauled arse out there in my truck with my boy Isaac. After about an hour of suck, bumpy, 6A driving we finally parked, I threw him up on my shoulders and ran about a 1/3 of a mile down into the deep draw just before dark so Isaac could see his first lion. It was pretty freakin awesome for a kid less than 3 yrs old to see something like that.

post-3-1205730106_thumb.jpg

post-3-1205729758_thumb.jpg

post-3-1205729873_thumb.jpg

And before any of you ask, no, the lion was not killed.

Oooooo, should of never posted this string. CPS is going to be all over you like flys on _ _ _ _> ;) All in jest... Dude that is freak'n awesome. The second and third pix are great! What a very blessed child. That's the stuff dreams and memories are made of. Very special legacy you are passing on and then the fact you didn't "be-ouch" slap the lion makes me appreciate the post even more. Thanx for a fine post.

Ernest :P

That a boy Johs! Thats awesome!

Why didnt you lay the hammer down? Looks like a decent lion... But then agian what do I know?!

Why didnt you lay the hammer down? Looks like a decent lion... But then agian what do I know?!

probably because that lion is $2500-$3000 for a guide and they didn't have a client along. congrats Josh!

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. The reason the lion wasn't killed is cause it was, in my guesstimation, about a 55-65 lb female. That's like shooting a spike bull elk, with a rifle, on a trophy elk hunt during the rut in unit 10. :lol:

Crotalus, your first sentance is hilarious. I didn't think anything of the situation being unsafe but there was a couple of people who saw the pics and couldn't see it for the special time it was for me and Dad and saw nothing but DANGER DANGER for my boy. Never even occured to us but maybe that's cause we're men... :huh:

OH unsafe for sure. Infact I am calling for you to step down from your positions as lion hunters and hand those Dogs over to me on the spot. you are putting those dogs in danger of loseing all self respect haveing a youg boy like that out treeing them on a lion. I mean look at that style and the steadfastness he has in the face of danger. What a tool to add to your bag of lion hunting tricks.

Thought the pictures were great myself and i bet i know who raised the biggest fuss. :lol: HAHA :lol: