recurveman

Looking for quail

I saw a few mearns quail in the Chiricahua mountains this summer. This was the first time I have seen them. They were near the Sun Glow ranch on the West side of the range.

270jrk

36A Batamore Hill West Side More then you would know what to do with.

Scottyboy

Any chacne you pulled me over Saturday night on my way to meet the boys in Arivaca? When I pulled off Batamore Road a BP truck was waiting for me. My taillight fuse had blown. I never got the chance to go to the dinner I arranged!!! By the way I know ther eis nothing you can personally do but Sunday was ruined by 9 of our visitors hiding in a stand of trees while I tried to fidn a buck in the same stand. Then they walked across a very open area a long way after the helicopter came by! Any chance I can use that copter to find the Coues they helped get away.

Sorry Gnoto, I was out in unit 33 on Sat. trying to get myself a buck! It was'nt me that stopped you.

That chopper would nice to have drop ya off WAY up in the hills before daylight!!

On another note, point me in the right direction for this place in 36A that has more Mearns than I would know what to do with!!

Scottyboy

okey dokey. I'm done for the year and there are a whole lot of em. Big Fat ones.

Arivaca Rd to Batamroe Ranch Road. Take the ranch road through the Ranch just stay left on the major road and when it takes a sharper left godoen and throught the ranch. About another 3 to 5 miles I can send you the GPS you will see low cement tank on the right. If you miss it you will hit a gata in about another 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Take a left at the cow tank. Head down the road a bit. Just before you come to the old tall water tank and just after there are more coveys then I knew what to do with. Enjoy.

any chancee you got down to Batamore for some Quail

scott and i went out the other day to try our luck, saw a decent amount of birds, didnt take mnay but say a decent amount, had a good time and got to let some lead fly