Flatlander

6 - 400” bulls - Can it be done?

Just now, cjl2010 said:

I would love to see score sheets so “people like me” could be better educated when field judging elk.

You’ve lost me bud. Are you saying there hasn’t been a lot of 400s killed this year or are you just trying to be argumentative 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

You’ve lost me bud. Are you saying there hasn’t been a lot of 400s killed this year or are you just trying to be argumentative 

You, Chief, are the one trying to spin things. I said a lot of bulls these days are said to be 400”. The only proof I have of them being 400” are the people that say they are 400”.  I couldn’t tell you whether they are or not and I don’t deserve any proof but if guys would put score sheets with there pictures it would be a cool way to learn what a bull actually scored and be better at field judging them.

2 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

You, Chief, are the one trying to spin things. I said a lot of bulls these days are said to be 400”. The only proof I have of them being 400” are the people that say they are 400”.  I couldn’t tell you whether they are or not and I don’t deserve any proof but if guys would put score sheets with there pictures it would be a cool way to learn what a bull actually scored and be better at field judging them.

show us the ones from 2019 that are claimed to be 400 that aren’t according to you 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

show us the ones from 2019 that are claimed to be 400 that aren’t according to you 

You are a tool, Richard. Show me where I “claimed” a 2019 bull wasn’t 400” as advertised.

1 minute ago, cjl2010 said:

You are a tool, Richard. Show me where I “claimed” a 2019 bull wasn’t 400” as advertised.

Take your sisters tit out of your mouth and quit being a dick. 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Take your sisters tit out of your mouth and quit being a dick. 

You are my hero. Good luck this year. 

I posted exhausted after spending all month trying to kill stuff. Get a late night emergency call, have to go into the office late and thankfully my stupid post was forgot about. :)  i probably should have added that there were 400 bulls that we didnt know about before social media. Not that social media caused the problem. Also read my post. I pointed out a few cases that i thought " could" have been better than this year. I didnt say they were. I had a tag in 2006 and missed a bull that was killed that went 404" auction or raffle tag I think another 400 class bull and that was 3c. 9 and 10 had even more.   I thought everyone was making too much of a fuss over this year, but man oh man some giants have been killed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I thought everyone was making too much of a fuss over this year, but man oh man some giants have been killed.

That’s all I’m saying 

• Like 1

The problem exists when the measurements themselves are done incorrectly......so the posted score sheet means nothing.  

I offered to measure an elk (officially) for a local ‘famous internet’ guide so he could advertise an accurate number......funny he wasn’t interested in that.  😎

• Like 8

4 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

The problem exists when the measurements themselves are done incorrectly......so the posted score sheet means nothing.  

I offered to measure an elk (officially) for a local ‘famous internet’ guide so he could advertise an accurate number......funny he wasn’t interested in that.  😎

Yeah I guess you guys are right and I was wrong there wasn’t very many 400s killed this year

The one with the score sheet attached looked like a 350 at best from the picture I saw. But from the live pictures the bull looked incredible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

The one with the score sheet attached looked like a 350 at best from the picture I saw. But from the live pictures the bull looked incredible.

The one with 25” 4ths? I didn’t think it looked 400 but idk why that guy would make up numbers, I think that dude is pretty reputable