Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

D.BACKS BASEBALL

It has been hard to watch. They just blew another save in the bottom of the 9th to the lowly Marlins. They have blown I would guess 20 saves this year. I keep watching them and they keep letting You down.Hitting has been good for the most part ., Starting pitching pretty good. Bullpen completely Sucks, They should be in the thick of the race. They even loosing to bad teams now. I blame some on the Manager ,as He has made some bone head decissions ,But He can't Pitch  the ball. They are so close You think they would of aqcuired some help. You are only in the race so often . They might not bee there fore 5-6 -7 more years. I feel You gotta go for it when You are there . And talking about selling off Robbie Ray. . Dumb. They Lost Corbin last Year. Your supposed to be Building not givving away your best Pitchers. Very frustrating. Hope with Football starting it is a good year, I Hope. This will be interesting with the Cards>>>>>>>>>>>BOB!

Robbie Ray is extremely inconsistent. Some days he looks like he could contend for a Cy Young Award, other days he looks like he should be pitching in Connie Mack leagues.

I'm not a big fan of the manager. Although lately I have liked his lineup where he will play Marte in center, Escobar at second base lamb at 3rd and Walker at first. However with Peralta coming off the injured list that is about to change.

And yes, his management and usage of the bullpen as well as their performance has been less than ideal.

• Like 2

This team is over achieving. They werent even supposed to be a .500 team after losing 3 of their top players. 

Everybody in that bullpen has been lit up this yr, not really anything the mgr can do about that besides use the people he has down there. 

They need to deal Ray while there is a market for him. Keep building this team for the future and not just this yr. They are not going to the playoffs this yr. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, naturebob said:

It has been hard to watch. They just blew another save in the bottom of the 9th to the lowly Marlins. They have blown I would guess 20 saves this year. I keep watching them and they keep letting You down.Hitting has been good for the most part ., Starting pitching pretty good. Bullpen completely Sucks, They should be in the thick of the race. They even loosing to bad teams now. I blame some on the Manager ,as He has made some bone head decissions ,But He can't Pitch  the ball. They are so close You think they would of aqcuired some help. You are only in the race so often . They might not bee there fore 5-6 -7 more years. I feel You gotta go for it when You are there . And talking about selling off Robbie Ray. . Dumb. They Lost Corbin last Year. Your supposed to be Building not givving away your best Pitchers. Very frustrating. Hope with Football starting it is a good year, I Hope. This will be interesting with the Cards>>>>>>>>>>>BOB!

Robbie Ray is the first starter that needs to go. His pitch count is way to high and the bull pen has to come in to early.

• Like 1

I agree, our relievers are a pretty sad lot.  That being said, I put much of the blame on the manager.  He needs to keeps starters in longer and not be so quick to pull them.  Starters need to learn how to pitch through difficult situations.  The heck with pitch counts.  Starters used to throw a lot more with only a 4 man rotation.  Why 100 pitches?  That is just some random number based on 10.  Most pitchers only stay with a team for a few years anyway so you can't say you are worried about their careers.  Pitching, defense and timely hitting win championships.

Get ready, because when the D-backs throw in the towel this team will end up being 30 games or more out.

Can't get excited about the NFL anymore since it has become so political plus it just doesn't hold my attention anymore.  It's been years since I have watched an NFL game from beginning to end.  Good thing fall is around the corner and hunting seasons will be starting soon.

• Like 4

Don’t look now but goldy has hit home runs in 5 straight. The diamondbacks gave him up for almost nothing. It’s unbelievable. Walker has played well but he is not goldy. 

• Like 1

In the old days there was a 4 man rotation and many complete games. I'm talking in the 60 's when I was  a kid I was a Kid and even in the 70's And they threw hard. Look at Steve Carleton and many more. They pullem way to early and they are pammpered because of How much the team has invested and doesn't want em hurt. What I'm trying to say is your window to win is short. Go for it well you are close.. They have over acheived cause of some good unexpected Hitting. In My op. they threw the season away last Winter By not aquiring any QUALITY Bullpen pitchers I feel for Grenkie He should have won 5 more games last year and this year.(But I don't feel bad for Him $ wise lol)................BOB

• Like 1