DesertBull

Who makes the best barrel?

I know, there are many opinions on this subject, but give your opinions on barrel makers. What should I look for? I do not really know all terminology, such as air gauged, contours, etc. What should I look for?

I know, there are many opinions on this subject, but give your opinions on barrel makers. What should I look for? I do not really know all terminology, such as air gauged, contours, etc. What should I look for?

My opinion is Jack Daniel's make their own and they are filled with good old Tennessee whiskey and then sold after aging takes place. Not sure what their barrels are going for but you can find it on the web I'm sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TJ

My opinion is Jack Daniel's make their own and they are filled with good old Tennessee whiskey and then sold after aging takes place. Not sure what their barrels are going for but you can find it on the web I'm sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TJ

Jack daniels is definately IMO the best. One barrel contains approximately 240 bottles of chacoal mellowed goodness. Since each barrel will have its own distict taste, it is encouraged you visit the distillery to pick and taste test to find your ideal barrel. Each bottle then is capped and displays your personalization and the batch and barrel number. I would definatley go with Jack Daniels. :P

Their barrels run $8,400.00 - $9,600.00.

Bartlein or Rock Creek. Contact Frank at Bartlein or Mike at Rock Creek. My custom rifle that is currently being build will have a Bartlein. Both are cut not buttoned.

scott

T C or JD depending on your mood

I'm having a .300 RUM built right now with an Advanced Barrel Systems carbon wrapped Shilen barrel.

I've got a Lilja, Pac Nor, Lilja, Schneider, Shilen and one of Danny Pedersen's. I've got friends with Krieger's, Hart's, douglas, etc. All shoot good and clean up quick and easy.

Some folks feel that the "cut" rifled barrels (pedersen, krieger, rock creek, bartlein etc.) last a little longer than the button rifled barrels.

My most accurate rifle wears a Lilja, but then again it's a 14lb monster made for shooting off a bench.

I'd look at the list of mfgr's above, look at their costs, contours and lead times and make a decision.

good luck,

Schmitty

i've had good luck with everyone i've ever had. most factory barrels seem to be real good. for me, el jippo douglas premiums are as good as any of em. if you're wanting to shave thousandths of an inch off your groups at long ranges, they may not be the best. but for hunting, they are fine. you can have any barrel contoured to however you want it. at least any decent gunsmith can do it. Lark.

danny peterson up in prescott az makes good barrels cut rifleing he used to work under the late fred wells but his barrels get my vote for the best barrel on the market www.cutrifle.com is his web page