Was out this morning shooting Eurasian at a place that is historicly 95% Eurasians. I saw and had to pull off of quite a few whitewings, probably more than I expected. The way I was shooting, I doubt I could have hit any of them anyway. 

• Like 1

I usually shoot waste a box getting the early season rust off! 😀

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

Was out this morning shooting Eurasian at a place that is historicly 95% Eurasians. I saw and had to pull off of quite a few whitewings, probably more than I expected. The way I was shooting, I doubt I could have hit any of them anyway. 

Sean swap out the choke for one more open.

18 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Sean swap out the choke for one more open.

I did some tinkering with the shotgun this afternoon and changed some stuff up. Expecting a better showing tomorrow.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rossislider said:

Sounds like your expertise with a shotgun is akin to mine. Although I could hit clays 22-23 times out of 25, I stunk up the place when shooting at feathered critters. There were many times when I was out quail hunting where it looked like my shorthair turned to me after a miss, and I could swear if she could talk, she would have sarcastically said  "Hey deadeye. How's about letting me shoot and you find the dang birds?"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rossislider said:

I did some tinkering with the shotgun this afternoon and changed some stuff up. Expecting a better showing tomorrow.

Whatever you did it worked. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the banter between you and your son today. You and your wife have done a great job raising him, he will be a great man one day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Sounds like your expertise with a shotgun is akin to mine. Although I could hit clays 22-23 times out of 25, I stunk up the place when shooting at feathered critters. There were many times when I was out quail hunting where it looked like my shorthair turned to me after a miss, and I could swear if she could talk, she would have sarcastically said  "Hey deadeye. How's about letting me shoot and you find the dang birds?"

I thought that I was the only one with that problem. I can go 10 for 10 on clays, but the dove mock me,

On 8/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, 10Turkeys said:

During Dove season the 7-11 on Ivanhoe and Arizona Ave used to sell them there.

So did the one on 67th and olive, I'd buy them hit the fields just west of there, we ended up buying a house in 82 on the property I shot doves at.