Hello out there...

I recently acquired a brand-spanking new .243WSSM. Wanting to know who has one and what rounds you have shot. Trying to get an idea, and all the info will be well appreciated.

thanks,

-Jeremy-

i shoot a 223 wssm. I shoot 55 gr V-max right aty 4000 fps. Those little cases are a pain in the you know what to size. Check out wssmzone.com. Make sure to read the "hard bolt lift" thread; that will explain everything you need to know. Just a side note; I have a 243win that loves the 58 gr. vmax. I also use varget powder in both roounds.

I am getting just over 4300 fps out of my .223 wssm with 55 gr v-max. of course I have a 26 inch bull barell with a 1-7 twist. I have heard anything around 80-90 grains fly's good out of the 243 and the 60's are good for varmint. I am using the Berger VLD's in 90 grain out of my short mag for longer distance stuff and so far they seem pretty good and kill small game quick.

I'm gonna use my friends Browning .243 wssm Varmit, with the big bull barrel and tripod. Must weigh 12 to 13 lbs. He has a couple of different loads made up...he say's one load is a 54 grain that is hitting 6,000 FPS. I go out Nov with a left over Cous tag. I find it hard to believe that he is getting 6k out of the barrel with a reload...what do you all think?

Jeremy, I ordered an AR-15 from Dtech a couple months ago in .243WSSM, eagerly awaiting it!!! I've done a ton of research on it, but never experienced it firsthand. What I will say is that th 87-95 grain Berger VLD's look to be the ticket to me. I would shy away from the 55 grains stuff, as you're gonna be washing a lot of powder out the end of the barrel. You won't lose that much velocity by bumping up, and you're gonna keep it way longer. Those 55grain pills have a terrible ballistic coefficient, which is kind of a waste if you ask me. Im gonna load the 87's I think, then use them indescriminately for everything from big ND whitetails to coyotes, prairie dogs, and song birds! ; Hunting shack has a heck of a sale on .243 and .223 WSSM brass right now, I'm not good at picking mine up when I hunt, so I ordered 1000 of em, I guess I better hope I like my gun!!

I see that this is kind of an old thread but... 6000 fps, either someone needs to read the directions on their chrono, or he has a pipe bomb waiting to go off right by his face. Also the barrel twist rate and bullets abilty to stay in one piece even before it leaves the barrel just seem to scream BS.

I see that this is kind of an old thread but... 6000 fps, either someone needs to read the directions on their chrono, or he has a pipe bomb waiting to go off right by his face. Also the barrel twist rate and bullets abilty to stay in one piece even before it leaves the barrel just seem to scream BS.

Kind of what I thought....but I do think the 80 to 90 grain ought to do a good job on both coyote and coues

Jeremy, I ordered an AR-15 from Dtech a couple months ago in .243WSSM, eagerly awaiting it!!! I've done a ton of research on it, but never experienced it firsthand. What I will say is that th 87-95 grain Berger VLD's look to be the ticket to me. I would shy away from the 55 grains stuff, as you're gonna be washing a lot of powder out the end of the barrel. You won't lose that much velocity by bumping up, and you're gonna keep it way longer. Those 55grain pills have a terrible ballistic coefficient, which is kind of a waste if you ask me. Im gonna load the 87's I think, then use them indescriminately for everything from big ND whitetails to coyotes, prairie dogs, and song birds! ; Hunting shack has a heck of a sale on .243 and .223 WSSM brass right now, I'm not good at picking mine up when I hunt, so I ordered 1000 of em, I guess I better hope I like my gun!!

Good stuff, I have the 1133 hunt in 36A (late Nov.)