COOSEFAN

First time swimming....

Hey guys, I took my boys (Drake & Brutus) to the river today and got some cool pic's. This was to be Brutus' first time in deep water and he did great runnin' and playing in the shallows on the short hike in to the cliffs. Once up on the cliffs he and Drake got out on the edge and Drake started sliding down! Brutus, thinking this is all planned, follows and soon realizes there is no turning back!!!

Waterdogs1.jpg

With all his might, Brutus tried to keep his butt stuck to the cliff but it flipped over his head and he then flipped into the water behind Drake! Both surfaced and frantically started to swim........

Waterdogs.jpg

Now the problem was Brutus is panicking and he swims back to the cliff. You can see the water is pretty nasty and I wasn't going in after him, but luckily my buddy's wife was close and helped Brutus out. Notice Drake was smart, he made it out to the shallow end and ran back to assist in the rescue mission!

WaterdogsRescue.jpg

All in all it was a great day spent with my boys........although, I think Brutus is a little upset that i didn't jump in to help him :(

WaterdogsDrake.jpg

Waterdogs3.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics with us. How old are they? Nice looking dogs. I had two labs but both have since gone on to better hunting grounds in the ski. Took my mutt to the park today and now she smells like canal water. :huh: The wife just bathed her a few days ago and wasn't happy with the smell but I had to let her chase the ducks. :)

TJ

Thats nice Jim, have your buddys WIFE save your dog! My chocolate lab (snickers) LOVES the water! she goes nuts! My mut, Ojos warms up to it and he loves it just as much as she does! you should see them at the lake, Ojos swims out after me when I take off on the jet ski.

Jim,

Since you mentioned the location on another thread, Rica also had some "fun" on those rocks, it they are a couple hundred yards down on the east side from where the road meets the river. Rica also managed to step in a hot bed of coals that someone had left from a bankside fire the night before. At first, I thought she had been struck by a rattler judging from the sound of her yelp.

Doug

Jim,

Since you mentioned the location on another thread, Rica also had some "fun" on those rocks, it they are a couple hundred yards down on the east side from where the road meets the river. Rica also managed to step in a hot bed of coals that someone had left from a bankside fire the night before. At first, I thought she had been struck by a rattler judging from the sound of her yelp.

Doug

Thanks guys, Drake is 2 years old and Brutus is 5 months. I didn't rescue Brutus 'cause I thought he would gain some experience out of the situation, if he had went under I would have jumped in! Doug, that is the same spot you mentioned above! I've been going there for alot of years, it's usually a great place to shoot carp if the water levels are just right. We've had years where the river dries up and a pool will be left around those rocks.......if this happens just right, then the pool will be loaded full of carp that are just beggin' to be arrowed! Last weekend there was only 1 bass swimming around in there and a few dead carp layin' around.

You scared me to death Jim! Wouldn't open this for a couple of days out of fear that you were going to show photos of yourself learning how to swim in some camo pair of Daisy Dukes or something. Thank goodness it was your dogs. What a relief!!!! :P :P :P :P :P

post-1571-1208309394.jpg

I love the pictures Jim. I am dying to get my kids a dog. Once I get the sprinklers put in in my backyard and get the grass in pretty good I plan on getting a lab puppy. My sister in law and her husband brought over their new 8 week old rottweiler today. My son(1 1/2) was hilarious. The dog would try to play with him and my son thought he was being attacked.

The funniest was when we saw him sitting at the kiddie table with his feet up on the lookout :lol:

newdog003.jpg

I plan on looking for a lab in the next few weeks or month in case you know of any for sale.

Dang Jim! That looks like it was a good time!! This thread makes me excited to get Sheila out to the lake with us!! ;)

You scared me to death Jim! Wouldn't open this for a couple of days out of fear that you were going to show photos of yourself learning how to swim in some camo pair of Daisy Dukes or something. Thank goodness it was your dogs. What a relief!!!! :P :P :P :P :P

post-1571-1208309394.jpg

:lol: :lol: :P I can remember doing stuff like that when i was younger :rolleyes: I'm too young to be feeling as old as I do.......but it's because of doing stoopid stuff like that! thanks JIM>