Sign in to follow this  
lefty

san carlos coues question

since this went to a draw several years ago, does anyone know the odds of getting a tag, i think i'm going to start applying but was wondering how long it might take to get a tag. the last time i bought one was in 2008 when the crazy line fiasco was going on, i was thinking late january early february, is that when you apply still or is it in december now? thanks in advance for any help with my questions

The lottery is planned to be sometime this late Fall for the 2020-2021 season.

Odds on drawing a tag will vary depending on which unit you're applying for and if you're putting in for a NOV tag or a JAN tag or Both (most will enter as many hunts as they can for the best odds, some enter only a specific hunt and draw it).

Season Dates for the 2019-2020 season are as follows:

Nov Hunt - November 23, 2019 - December 1, 2019. 

1st Jan Hunt - December 28, 2019 - January 3, 2020.

2nd Jan Hunt - January 4, 2020 - January 10, 2020.

3rd Jan Hunt - January 11, 2020 - January 17, 2020.

Season dates for the 2020-2021 season will remain the same, just set to the correct Saturday starting dates.

DAN

• Like 3

Yes, you can call and tell them which hunts your interested in putting in for and give them your card information. I believe it was 26$ per hunt you applied for last year. You can also stop by there office and do it in person if you prefer. Once they have completed the draw they will call you for the payment for the tag if you were drawn.

On 10/12/2019 at 4:16 PM, lefty said:

since this went to a draw several years ago, does anyone know the odds of getting a tag, i think i'm going to start applying but was wondering how long it might take to get a tag. the last time i bought one was in 2008 when the crazy line fiasco was going on, i was thinking late january early february, is that when you apply still or is it in december now? thanks in advance for any help with my questions

I've applied 4 times since they went to a draw but have yet to draw so far.