Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

3c youth elk hunt

heber huh?  i am not lecturing anyone but the entire country has adopted these dang feral caballos.  the university system and equine groups are fully informed and have created watch groups.  from san diego to boston people are hearing about this.  there is no bigger hot button issue for ncso, azgfd, and usfs.  not drugs, crime, traffic, health-this is a smokin' hot topic throughout the southwest.

the wolves did not get this level of interest.  laugh about watch groups if you want-little old ladies out 10am till 2pm with dime store binoculars right?  wrong.  look into the history of nau enviro activism and you may be in for a rude awakening.  feds have camera traps that catch your tire treads and license plate at the same time.  i have no doubt there is money for undercover ops.  the 2008(?) busts were the result of young sportsmen getting wildlife citations reduced by giving up horse shooter buddies.  no one is going to attempt a solution until the carcasses stop showing up.

just shoot me,

lee

On 10/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, Roosevelt Mark said:

They just coght a guy in Heber that's been shooting them. To bad.

he shot somebody's' domestic horses in their pasture.

Well we fought off the horses and I put up panels around my trailer to keep my animals in. That helped plus some other camps moved in and we decided to stay put. As luck would have it the kids doubled down last night on two cows. Both their first and my daughters first elk tag. Did I mention she is a vegetarian!!!!

she must really love me to provide like that.

So we broke down both and hung the meat and had a nasty hike back to the truck where we got turned around and made 1.1 miles into 3.1  

headed out with the packers now, picks soon. Thanks for letting me whine a little, still chasing off horses some but nothing like earlier  

• Like 3

Congratulations on the daughters tagging out. It's to bad about the horse issues. We see it around Kingman, it is bad with the feral burros that destroy the landscape.

On October 17, 2019 at 4:33 PM, lancetkenyon said:

Paint ball gun, sling shot, hot shot.

Sling shots worked great, had the kids do the dirty work. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Congrats on the elk, those dang feral horses really are tearing up the place up here.