Sign in to follow this  
bradleylarson48

Duck Hunting lower salt river

Hey y’all, I want to go duck hunting I’ve got the gun ammo and decoys, but I was wondering if you where allowed to hunt ducks on the lower salt river. Any tips on duck hunting in Az would be nice too thanks!

I usually wait till later on in the season. I'm not into crowds so I tend to hit stock tanks around canals and major lakes and rivers. pond jumping is a blast and decoys work really well in them.

2 hours ago, Delw said:

I usually wait till later on in the season. I'm not into crowds so I tend to hit stock tanks around canals and major lakes and rivers. pond jumping is a blast and decoys work really well in them.

Sweet I found some stock tanks on onx so  I’ll try to see if I get anything.  Thanks for the reply!

3 hours ago, Delw said:

Do you just hunt the stock tanks on the state trust land?  I found some around a canal at the end of ocotillo but not really sure of those spots are good or if I can even hunt them.

east side I couldnt help ya, but yeah all trust land tanks and national forest tanks. anythign along the cap canal is good also Mainly in the latter season. When dad was alive we used to hit the cap canal tanks almost everyday behind the whitetanks as it was close

I know this is an old thread....just curious if you hunted the Salt River? We ran into some duck hunters while fly-fishing in Jan/Feb....I'm down to go duck hunting, if you're still interested?

On 9/8/2023 at 8:52 AM, Azhockeycoach said:

I know this is an old thread....just curious if you hunted the Salt River? We ran into some duck hunters while fly-fishing in Jan/Feb....I'm down to go duck hunting, if you're still interested?

Did you end up going? Were you thinking around the lower salt river? I’ve been wanting to go and would be down too