Sign in to follow this  
nw07heavy

Success in Wyoming

Just returned home from an antelope buck and doe hunt in Wyoming. Tagged out on both the buck and doe very early in the morning, on a very easy hunt. The strong snow storms with 30-60 mph winds were a real issue going up to Wyoming, and then the day of the hunt and afterwards. After bagging the antelope we had to very quickly dress them, get back to the hotel. and depart without delay. We had another strong snow storm entering NW Wyoming and winds were at 30 mph with 60 mph recorded in some areas. Some highways were closed to tall vehicles after many overturned. We didn't clear the storm until reaching Grand Junction, CO. I didn't take any photos in the field, but here are two of the buck taken at home.

P1180590.JPG

P1180591.JPG

• Like 7

PRDATR,

I hope you make WY because I've never seen a state as full of game, from deer to antelope. If you can, try to make the earliest hunt you can due to the late season storms. Best of luck to you in the draw.

Next year I hope to draw another cow elk tag here in AZ.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nw07heavy said:

PRDATR,

I hope you make WY because I've never seen a state as full of game, from deer to antelope. If you can, try to make the earliest hunt you can due to the late season storms. Best of luck to you in the draw.

Next year I hope to draw another cow elk tag here in AZ.

I have 20 points here and 4 in Wyoming. A friend has gifted me meat twice. I'd rather eat that than deer or elk.

• Like 2

PRDATR and CatfishKev,

Seriously, for antelope you can't beat Wyoming. Yes, I too prefer antelope over other game, so I know what you mean.

PRDATR, PM sent.

Kevin, It is so easy it almost isn't fun in Wyoming.You pick thru hundreds a day .Allmost like hunting Rabbits. I have a Buddy in Casper and He has shot at least 1 every Year since He was like  12 ,and He's over 60 years old .He just goes out and shoot one and comes home. ........BOB!

On 10/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, CatfishKev said:

Congrats man. I just want to kill one. Somewhere.....

PM sent.