hoghntr

ASAP! North Valley plumber needed- for a toilet install

So I am double foot wounded right now had surgery on 2 at once STUPID STUPID STUPID choice in a serious way or I wouldn't have to be asking this... so turns out you cannot get 300lbs dizzy and fall from crutches onto your toilet or it breaks and things get wet real quick. 

So toilet tank busted and I need help. Even if it's a used tank till I get healed up I dont care I just know I need a dang toilet since my living room and recliner are serving as my hospital room. I can piss in a bottle in living room but I draw the line at #2 💩 in living room. 😂

Costco does have toilets right now so I am gonna see if I can find someone to go pick 1 up for me. If I could pay someone to install that would be great! 

I live just North West of i-17 & happy valley.

I will be in more of a laughing mood about it AFTER it is resolved.  

Ok toilet purchased and in house waiting for install. Btw incase I gave the wrong idea no mess was made except clean water spill. L.O.L. I was fully clothed, it was prior to the business that needed to be done

I know it is a Holiday weekend so i am not really expecting anyone to be able to help out. My friend who would normally come help just had testicular cancer surgery so I think I would rather dump water in the bowl for a few days rather than ask him for help. 

Btw never have surgery on 2 feet at once unless it is a freaking life threatening emergency!!! Never EVER

24 minutes ago, elkman said:

if you have not got this handled let me know.  I can probably get top there tomorrow afternoon after work.

I had a relative go buy a new toilet and drop it off for us. At this point I need a install person

17 hours ago, hoghntr said:

I had a relative go buy a new toilet and drop it off for us. At this point I need a install person

Hope a new gasket was part of the purchase.

6 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Hope a new gasket was part of the purchase.

New wax ring included with toilet but new flange is clearly needed since jo way to secure ro ground.

But I managed to fall off my dang scooter after Azbirdhunter88 left onto the worse of the 2 legs so most important now is going to doc probably for mri to make sure I didn't destroy achilles. I fell like I cut calf in half so not good! I am not really good at sitting still for days or weeks on end waiting for healing and seem to often make things worse. :(

5 minutes ago, hoghntr said:

New wax ring included with toilet but new flange is clearly needed since jo way to secure ro ground.

But I managed to fall off my dang scooter after Azbirdhunter88 left onto the worse of the 2 legs so most important now is going to doc probably for mri to make sure I didn't destroy achilles. I fell like I cut calf in half so not good! I am not really good at sitting still for days or weeks on end waiting for healing and seem to often make things worse. :(

Did the old flange rust out or....? 

It sounds as if you and I need our own medical staff. 🤬 Stay well. 

4 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Did the old flange rust out or....? 

It sounds as if you and I need our own medical staff. 🤬 Stay well. 

I just need to learn how to not be a idiot! But yes would have been nice to have been hospitalized for week or 2 this time. Kinda hard for wife to take care of me + kids+work+school. Va and its post 911 allowing vets to be taken care of by family members and paying then but not prior to 911 is crap. There is a gap between 1975 and 9-11-2001 where they do not do this for 100% service connected vets. Trust me my wife has a full time job dealing with me and surgeries alone...

I would say rusted out. Looks like half is still in wax at toilet base. 

20191110_190346.jpg

20191110_190339.jpg

41163.jpeg

11 minutes ago, hoghntr said:

I would say rusted out. Looks like half is still in wax at toilet base. 

Ouch. Rusted out indeed. It's gonna take some work to get it functional. Good luck.

Does the wax ring that  came with toilet have a rubber skirt on it? If not, buy one separately because it will save you a headache. 

33 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

This ring (Home Depot) will fix your problem, but you'll have to drill the concrete to fasten it down right with expandable mollies and screws. 

oatey-toilet-flanges-427782-64_1000.thumb.jpg.e532863fd4183a7535fd95197974d2d1.jpg

I've use one of those before. Fortunately the original cast iron flange was for the most part still intact so I drilled and tapped some 1/4x20 bolts into it to hold down the adaptor.

• Like 1

Now you see why I'd replace the tank not the throne? Yuck!

• Like 1