Sign in to follow this  
stanley

I-17 Traffic Alert **UGH**

Heading-up to elk scout this weekend, and just saw on the early morning news that I-17 is going to be closed at Happy Valley road in both directions starting at 10PM tonight!  They are saying Cave Creek to Carefree Highway as an option, or 303 for the west-siders.  (I think I'll be driving home across the rim and down through Payson on Sunday....)

Heads-up for anyone going that direction!

S

I 17 is always bad.  It took me three times traveling to Flagstaff to figure out I’m better off going through Payson.  Usually on fridays it takes an hour and a half to get from Higley and the 202 to I17 and Happy Valley.  Then it’s at least two hours to get to Camp Verde.  Don’t forget driving back.  Usually it’s Sunday for me and almost 100% of the time there’s an accident somewhere near new river.  I’ve had it where I’m stuck in park for almost an hour before I crawl forward at 5mph for 45 minutes.  Never again.  I’ll always go through Payson.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saguaro said:

I 17 is always bad.  It took me three times traveling to Flagstaff to figure out I’m better off going through Payson.  Usually on fridays it takes an hour and a half to get from Higley and the 202 to I17 and Happy Valley.  Then it’s at least two hours to get to Camp Verde.  Don’t forget driving back.  Usually it’s Sunday for me and almost 100% of the time there’s an accident somewhere near new river.  I’ve had it where I’m stuck in park for almost an hour before I crawl forward at 5mph for 45 minutes.  Never again.  I’ll always go through Payson.

Yup, you're right!  Seems these days that I-17 is bad on a fairly regular basis.

I live in Central Phoenix, so if I can time the traffic right (like tomorrow morning I'm leaving at 3AM) it's usually OK.   Payson for sure on the way home this Sunday, though! 

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Where at?

He’s just saying people should stop going to payson because it was a small town and now ifs full of transplants 

I’ve found that coming through Prescott/yarnell addeds 40 mins  but that’s to the west side 

• Like 1

It is a know conspiracy against us by not allowing free and unhindered travel amongst sovereign soils.

17 is a trap to contain us.