Sign in to follow this  
syfurian

Tree saddle or tree stand?

3 hours ago, syfurian said:

If you are to take your hunting above the ground level, which will you choose? Tree saddle or tree stand? 

kisslove.PNG

Another suspect link......could be a tree stand harness, could be Satanic rituals, could be boobs, could be a virus, could be Rick Rolled, could be a sales pitch.....

Even safety harnesses aren't intended to support you for more than a short time. After hanging from a traditional harness bad things begin to happen to your circulatory system after 10 minutes or so. The better harnesses (that are more $$ than most employers who have not had formal training want to spend) have additional straps to put your feet in so circulation doesn't get cut off to your legs. Too many/most employers and employees just go buy whatever think that is all there is to it.

ASU offers a 2 1/2 Day OSHA Fall Protection class.

This site has some good videos.    http://ultrasafeusa.com/#

The tree saddle is more like a butt hammock than a harness.  I’ve spent up to 5 hours at a time in them over and over again, and killed two deer out of it this year.

tree saddles are light weight , faster and easier to set up than a tree stand and offer greater concealment as they place you behind the tree instead of in front of it or to the side.  You can also use a saddle in twisty gnarly trees that are impossible to place regular stands in, like big junipers for example.

the only negative is the comfort doesn’t compare to a climber or nice fixed position stand with a back rest.

If I’m sitting for a few hours, it’s the tree saddle.  If it’s an all day sit, have to have my viper summit climber.

Tree saddle is an important element when people go hunting. It needs durable and longlasting. Safety saddle is more and more important for a hunter. It helps to make easily hunting for a hunter. On the other hand, treestand is one of the most same elements. 

4 hours ago, Rohit said:

Tree saddle is an important element when people go hunting. It needs durable and longlasting. Safety saddle is more and more important for a hunter. It helps to make easily hunting for a hunter. On the other hand, treestand is one of the most same elements. 

Thanks, Ivan

On 11/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, lancetkenyon said:

Another suspect link......could be a tree stand harness, could be Satanic rituals, could be boobs, could be a virus, could be Rick Rolled, could be a sales pitch.....

I  choose boobs